Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: NHC Scores  (Read 5844 times)

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
NHC Scores
« on: June 22, 2014, 08:25:21 pm »
I've heard some folks have seen their scores posted on the comp website. I have not. I'm wondering if I'm just still being too impatient or my entries never made it. has anyone else seen their scores posted?
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline dkfick

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: NHC Scores
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 08:45:32 pm »
I've heard some folks have seen their scores posted on the comp website. I have not. I'm wondering if I'm just still being too impatient or my entries never made it. has anyone else seen their scores posted?
I saw my scores at one point and then they were removed... I think the times they were posted were 'accidental'. 
BJCP A0936 National Beer Judge and Mead Judge
Cicerone Certified Beer Server
AHA Member
CRAFT Homebrew Club
Sons of Liberty Homebrew Club
HBT "mors"

Offline Pinski

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Portland, Oregon
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 10:46:42 am »
I saw my scores at one point and then they were removed... I think the times they were posted were 'accidental'.
So, we should expect to see them posted at some point?
Steve Carper
Green Dragon Brewers
Clubs: Oregon Brew Crew & Strange Brew
BJCP Certified

Offline dkfick

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 11:08:12 am »
So, we should expect to see them posted at some point?
I would assume so.  They are def entering the scores into the system.  It would be silly to do so and then not use it.
AHA Member
CRAFT Homebrew Club
HBT "mors"

Offline braufessor

• Brewer
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 11:41:48 am »
I happened to see mine a few days ago..... just randomly checked to see if they were there and they happened to be up.  But, an hour or so later, they were gone again.....  I figured they would be "officially" up by now.

Offline Pinski

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Portland, Oregon
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 02:00:31 pm »
I was able to see mine today. 
Steve Carper
Green Dragon Brewers
Clubs: Oregon Brew Crew & Strange Brew
BJCP Certified

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 02:28:50 pm »
yeah mine showed up yesterday or the day before. course now I want to know details. I'll be patient and wait till the sheets arrived. one of those situations where my entry got a 41.5 in first round and a 26 in the second. curious as to the comments. would assume age problems but it was a sour beer and over 6 months in the bottle already, not sure how it would get bad all of a sudden.

I will patiently wait till the sheets arrive, read them over, maybe curse a bit, and then get over it and move on.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline braufessor

• Brewer
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2014, 07:16:49 am »
one of those situations where my entry got a 41.5 in first round and a 26 in the second. curious as to the comments.

Same here..... Had a 40+ regional Dortmunder that got crushed with a 26.  However, in fairness, I pretty much saw it coming.  I rebrewed and it just did not come out like the first one did.  Thought it would do better than 26, but, it was certainly no medal winner for sure.  My mild did ok, but I am guessing comments are going to say it was a bit "big" for style.   Scottish 70 made Mini BOS, So I was pretty happy with that.  Looking forward to seeing some of the thoughts on the sheets as well.

Offline bengelbrau

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2014, 09:32:51 am »
Where did you find your scores? I've looked, and have failed to find them.

Offline dkfick

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2014, 09:58:41 am »
AHA Member
CRAFT Homebrew Club
HBT "mors"

Offline ranchovillabrew

• Brewer
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2014, 10:07:14 am »
Went from a 37 to a 35. Pretty happy with that
- Charles

Offline macbrews

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2014, 10:47:36 am »
one of those situations where my entry got a 41.5 in first round and a 26 in the second. curious as to the comments.

Same here..... Had a 40+ regional Dortmunder that got crushed with a 26.  However, in fairness, I pretty much saw it coming.  I rebrewed and it just did not come out like the first one did.  Thought it would do better than 26, but, it was certainly no medal winner for sure.  My mild did ok, but I am guessing comments are going to say it was a bit "big" for style.   Scottish 70 made Mini BOS, So I was pretty happy with that.  Looking forward to seeing some of the thoughts on the sheets as well.

Got you both beat.  A 42 in the first round for a BoPils (judged by a Master whom I know and respect) to a 23.5 in the finals .... Ouch!  Tasted it last night - not as fresh, but 23.5?

Win some, lose some. 

As I always say - Right Beer, Right Judge, Right Time

Offline bengelbrau

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2014, 10:56:06 am »
http://brewingcompetition.com/FINAL

Thanks! I still get some sort of squirrel server error, but at least I'm in the right place. Might still be loading scores.

Offline brewinhard

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2014, 12:29:58 pm »
Ughhhhh.... a 33 for my re-brewed Dusseldorf Alt.  Scored a 35 in regionals, so not too far off.  Oh well, back to the drawing board, AGAIN!

Offline udubdawg

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2014, 01:18:18 pm »
39 for a bronze last year.  silver and gold both got 39 this year too.  Yes, everything loses a few points in the finals I've found.  The light lager medals I awarded scored 37-40 too.
had a co-brewer effort on IPA that lost a couple points since March but that was expected.  Still happy with 37.5.

common cider...ugh.  34.5.  I've served my cider to several of you and it's better than that.  Pretty close to medaling this time so I'll ignore the score and wait for the better/updated guidelines.  Actually I guess that is an improvement on my cider scores from last year.