Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: 2016 NHC  (Read 29609 times)

Offline toby

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Galvez, LA
    • Beer Judge Chronicles
Re: 2016 NHC
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2016, 02:36:31 pm »
I was mildly surprised to get 5 entries.  Wonder why interest is down.  Hopefully people have taken "send your best/get feedback elsewhere" to heart.

I think that the hoops you have to jump through cause some degree of discouragement.  Much like how since registration to attend the conference has hoops, it doesn't instantly sell out.  I'm actually considering doing a 6th beer to have just in case they come back and bump it up again like last year.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2016, 03:50:05 pm »
I'm actually considering doing a 6th beer to have just in case they come back and bump it up again like last year.

Same here.
Jon H.

Offline tesgüino

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2016, 06:20:55 pm »
Not seeing any email. Is there a place to check to verify if you got in or not? Or are they still sending out notifications and I should be patient?

Offline cytorunner

• Cellarman
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2016, 06:45:03 pm »
Not seeing any email. Is there a place to check to verify if you got in or not? Or are they still sending out notifications and I should be patient?

So I'm not the only one; it appears they are staggering the emails to not overwhelm the servers. I'd give it another day then check with the NHC/Janis.
Jim

On Tap: Irish Red
Primary: Brown Porter
Secondary: Nothing

Offline tommymorris

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2016, 06:44:26 am »
This is from the email I got

"Entrant notifications are being sent in staggered groups, but if a large number of entrants are attempting to access the software at the same time you may experience slow speeds. If this is the case, you may come back later to finish your entry payment, so long as it is completed by the deadline of 11:59 PM Eastern Standard time on Friday, February 12."

Offline AmandaK

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Redbird Brewhouse
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2016, 06:47:47 am »
I'm actually considering doing a 6th beer to have just in case they come back and bump it up again like last year.

Same here.

Already ahead of ya.  ;)
Amanda Burkemper
KC Bier Meisters Lifetime Member - KCBM 3x AHA Club of the Year!!
BJCP Assistant (to the) Midwest Rep
BJCP Grand Master/Mead/Cider

Our Homebrewed Wedding, AHA Article

Offline fmader

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2016, 06:50:45 am »
This is from the email I got

"Entrant notifications are being sent in staggered groups, but if a large number of entrants are attempting to access the software at the same time you may experience slow speeds. If this is the case, you may come back later to finish your entry payment, so long as it is completed by the deadline of 11:59 PM Eastern Standard time on Friday, February 12."

I believe the 12th is your deadline. If I remember correctly when we registered, we were told that we would be notified by the 16th. I've been notified, but it still may take a few more days.
Frank

Offline udubdawg

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2016, 08:39:12 am »

Same here.

Already ahead of ya.  ;)

ugh, you're gonna beat me with my own recipe, aren't you...

Offline AmandaK

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Redbird Brewhouse
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2016, 08:46:11 am »

Already ahead of ya.  ;)

ugh, you're gonna beat me with my own recipe, aren't you...

Well, if it makes you feel any better yours is better than mine turned out IMO. I still need to tune your recipe to the Z, since I used nearly the exact %s you had. Came out a touch too chocolatey for me to consider the recipe "un-tweakabke". We will see how it does at KCBM next week.
Amanda Burkemper
KC Bier Meisters Lifetime Member - KCBM 3x AHA Club of the Year!!
BJCP Assistant (to the) Midwest Rep
BJCP Grand Master/Mead/Cider

Our Homebrewed Wedding, AHA Article

Offline narcout

• Brewmaster General
  • Los Angeles, CA
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2016, 10:05:47 am »
I was mildly surprised to get 5 entries.  Wonder why interest is down.

Personally, the calendar just got away from me.  I don't have as many entries ready as I was planning on.
Sometimes you just can't get enough - JAMC

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2016, 10:38:45 am »
Four in at Indy. Not going to waste any more money than that, based on my showing the last 2 years.

Two are tasting pretty good. The third is carbonating, but the first sip was good. The fourth I am not sure about yet, so I am brewing a Bitter just in case I need a better fourth entry.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline udubdawg

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2016, 10:41:38 am »

Personally, the calendar just got away from me.  I don't have as many entries ready as I was planning on.

yeah, it happens.  With what's going on in my life I haven't brewed even 1/4 as much as I did in recent years.  ...But I've got every single BJCP style of cider and mead in my basement, so I could take as many extra entries as they want to give.  ;D 

I'm in Indy too Jeff...I suspect it'll be tough sledding there but after a recent STL trip I felt better about the Indy judge pool.

good luck--
--Michael

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2016, 10:53:41 am »

yeah, it happens.  With what's going on in my life I haven't brewed even 1/4 as much as I did in recent years.  ...But I've got every single BJCP style of cider and mead in my basement, so I could take as many extra entries as they want to give.  ;D 

I'm in Indy too Jeff...I suspect it'll be tough sledding there but after a recent STL trip I felt better about the Indy judge pool.

good luck--
--Michael
Indy was good to us in the past. Will see, as it keeps getting harder. Just beer for me this year.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2016, 11:48:48 am »
Signed up, paid, volunteered to judge, reserved room, printed labels. Woo hoo!

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2016, 11:56:35 am »

good luck--
--Michael

Great...mine are going to St. Louis  ::)
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------