It's time to officially sign up for the AHA Forum Spring 2016 Beer Swap!
Jim has organized these in the past and they've been a lot of fun. FYI - I'm just the temporary cat herder here. Here is the sign up list so far:(these people have messaged me directly with name & address)
These people said they were interested, but haven't sent me mailing info yet:
(Once I get mailing info via PM, you'll move up to the top list.)
@HoosierBrew; @heavydeadlifts; @jimmykx250
Reminder, or for folks that haven't seen this before, if you join in you are committing to ship 4 beers to the person you are assigned. Done by random draw. It's not a pairing because that requires an equal number of participants. You'll ship to one person and receive from another.Rules/dates/general ramblings:
- If you want in on the swap, PM me your real name and address and indicate if you will be brewing a challenge beer.
- Send 4 beers in total, including one local offering.
- You can brew the "Challenge Beer" if you want. (See below.) It counts as 1 of the 4 beers required.
- Deadline to send me your name/address is March 25th.
- Deadline to ship is April 30th.
- You gotta discuss the beers you received on this thread. Pictures are encouraged!
- Reviews must be polite as well as accurate. If you want to offer helpful criticism, please make an attempt to PM the brewer first.
You can, if you want, brew a "Challenge Beer". Rules are pretty simple:
Here are the finalized Challenge Beer guidelines.
Ingredients you have to use (mandatory)
Techniques you can't use
Anything not mentioned is fair game
Disclaimer: this is not an official AHA thing. We are just helping each other brew better beer. Also, I am not policing this and sending reminders for shipping... if mid-May comes and you haven't gotten a package, feel free to PM your shipper and get it figured out. We haven't had any deadbeats since Jim started these things, so let's not ruin a good thing! (HoosierBrew is the sergeant-at-arms and he will give you an internet stink eye if you don't ship!) Protip: reduce impatience and nervousness by PMing your plan and a tracking number to your recipient.
Looking forward to it!
For the uninitiated, here are some past threads:Swaptoberfest 2015Spring Swap 2015