Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: What changes would make this forum more useful or easier for you?  (Read 55412 times)

Offline Jimmy K

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Delaware
Re: What changes would make this forum more useful or easier for you?
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2013, 06:54:44 am »
I am always having trouble with login.I get locked out trying to log in on multiple tries.they should not have this feature.I just found out that my password for login on the asso. is different then the forum.why would your password be different.This makes no sense.If these issues can not be changed I would like to be logged in all the time .Is this possible.The forum has been very difficult to use and of no value.Will they ever bring back Brew Talk Email,i never had problems with this and it came to me,I miss it.  Steve Dohm
There are separate passwords for the AHA site and the forum, which is weird. But I entered the same username and password for both - problem solved. If you click the 'login' button at the top, the page it brings you to has an option to stay logged in indefinately.
Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP Certified: B0958

Online jeffy

• Tampa, Fl
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2013, 07:34:03 am »
The most frequently used buttons for me are "unread" and "new" and they are so close to other clickable items that I find myself opening unwanted links when using a touch screen.  I wish they could separate these buttons or enlarge them or something.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2013, 09:32:29 am »
I am always having trouble with login.I get locked out trying to log in on multiple tries.they should not have this feature.I just found out that my password for login on the asso. is different then the forum.why would your password be different.This makes no sense.If these issues can not be changed I would like to be logged in all the time .Is this possible.The forum has been very difficult to use and of no value.Will they ever bring back Brew Talk Email,i never had problems with this and it came to me,I miss it.  Steve Dohm

I have no problem logging in to the forum and I find it much more useful than Tech Talk ever was.  But so many people missed Tech Talk, we brought it back as BrewTechTalk.   I'll get the signup info and post it here for you, but let me warn you...so few people use it that months go by without a post.  Don't expect it to be nearly as active nor informative as this forum.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Joe Sr.

• Chicago - NORTH SIDE
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2013, 10:06:38 am »
I have no problem logging in to the forum and I find it much more useful than Tech Talk ever was.  But so many people missed Tech Talk, we brought it back as BrewTechTalk.   I'll get the signup info and post it here for you, but let me warn you...so few people use it that months go by without a post.  Don't expect it to be nearly as active nor informative as this forum.

I've set all my devices to keep me logged in at all times, so logging in is never an issue for me.

I don't know if the forum is more useful than Tech Talk, but it's certainly more active than Tech Talk was albeit more wide-ranging (BBQ, etc.)  I haven't see an BTT e-mail in ages.  Nothing there but fond memories.  I miss input from some of the members who used to respond on TT, but there's great people here, too.
It's all in the reflexes. - Jack Burton

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2013, 10:29:08 am »
I've set all my devices to keep me logged in at all times, so logging in is never an issue for me.

I don't know if the forum is more useful than Tech Talk, but it's certainly more active than Tech Talk was albeit more wide-ranging (BBQ, etc.)  I haven't see an BTT e-mail in ages.  Nothing there but fond memories.  I miss input from some of the members who used to respond on TT, but there's great people here, too.

I checked and the last BBT went out on Nov. 12 last year!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Joe Sr.

• Chicago - NORTH SIDE
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2013, 10:32:11 am »

Like I said, fond memories...  but there's people we never hear from anymore.  Diki Short, David Houseman, and many others, I'm sure.

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2013, 11:00:51 am »

Like I said, fond memories...  but there's people we never hear from anymore.  Diki Short, David Houseman, and many others, I'm sure.

As much as I respect all those people, personally I find too much of the advice on BTT stuck in the past (kinda like the whole BTT concept!).  The give and take on the forum presents much more information that is much more up to date IMO.

www.dennybrew.com

Offline Joe Sr.

• Chicago - NORTH SIDE
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2013, 12:03:04 pm »

As much as I respect all those people, personally I find too much of the advice on BTT stuck in the past (kinda like the whole BTT concept!).  The give and take on the forum presents much more information that is much more up to date IMO.

It may be a good example of a self selecting group comprised of people adverse to change.

I will keep my fond memories and continue to participate here.

FWIW, I also have fond memories of my first car although my current car is much much nicer.

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2013, 11:29:56 am »
If anyone wants to sign up for BrewTechTalk, here's the link...

http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/pages/community/brewtechtalk-2-0

www.dennybrew.com

Online Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2013, 01:39:40 pm »

Brings back memories of the fight over shutting down TechTalk.  8^)  Was that only last year?  Wow!  Seems longer ago than that.

No suggestions for improvement.  I've finally learned where everything is again.

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2013, 02:41:44 pm »

Brings back memories of the fight over shutting down TechTalk.  8^)  Was that only last year?  Wow!  Seems longer ago than that.

No suggestions for improvement.  I've finally learned where everything is again.

Paul

I think it was longer than a year, but I'm not certain.  I find it interesting that after all the squall over shutting down TechTalk, the new one goes months without anyone posting.

www.dennybrew.com

Offline Joe Sr.

• Chicago - NORTH SIDE
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2013, 02:44:52 pm »
I think it was longer than a year, but I'm not certain.  I find it interesting that after all the squall over shutting down TechTalk, the new one goes months without anyone posting.

I think it was 2010.  Time compresses when you get older.  Or so I'm told.

There is no there there any longer.  HBD is pretty much the same way.

Online Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2013, 03:20:04 pm »

You're right!  I did some searching looks like it was Fall of 2010 when the brew-ha-ha was going on. 

You're right about time too.  Feels like last week that my oldest was born.  Now I have 2 in college, one in high school, one in middle school and my retirement seems closer than my college graduation.  8^(

I think "Get off my lawn!!" is required here. 

;D

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2013, 04:18:33 pm »

You're right!  I did some searching looks like it was Fall of 2010 when the brew-ha-ha was going on. 

You're right about time too.  Feels like last week that my oldest was born.  Now I have 2 in college, one in high school, one in middle school and my retirement seems closer than my college graduation.  8^(

I think "Get off my lawn!!" is required here. 

;D

Paul
Hate to say it but I resemble that !  I can't believe I'm close to 30 years out of high school. Crazy !
+1 to keeping off my lawn :).
Jon H.

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2013, 04:34:57 pm »

Paul

Glad you said that!

I thought the HBD would perk up, but it did not.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!