Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Pics of recent brews?  (Read 586410 times)

Offline BeerSeq

• Cellarman
Re: Pics of recent brews?
« Reply #5535 on: March 21, 2024, 09:49:13 pm »
Lite American lager, quite deliteful, actually! Even though it was just 2-row, rice flakes & minimal hopping, it had a surprising amount of flavor! Very 'grainy' as my wife called it. At one point though I accidentally left my keezer's temperature probe outside, which briefly caused ice crystals to form before I thawed it out again, so... does that mean I can call this an 'ice beer'? lol

cold IPA, basically same grain bill as the lite lager but kicked up a notch. Appropriately dry hopped with cryo hops, and it was in the keezer at the same time as the lite lager, so I guess I could say this beer was an X-tra cold IPA! I really liked this one - I used the standard 'cheater' hops: Citra, Mosaic and Simcoe, all in equal measure, and bittered with CTZ.  Hard to go wrong with that combo.

Flanders red - a calculated blend of 2 year old & 1 year old beers. Hits all the notes of cherry tarts & that lovely vinous Rodenbachy je ne sais quoi.

Oud bruin - also a mix of 2 year old & 1 year old beers. The first thread of this beer I soured an unhopped wort with lacto prior to boiling the lacto-soured wort in some hops, followed by a standard fermentation with sacch and later some brett. Kind of like a sour mash but with more steps. The second thread of the beer I just straight up added lacto at the same time as sacch after boiling and hopping. Second thread never got that sour, despite using the hop-tolerant lactobacto brevis strain. The 2nd thread contributed more of a malty backbone to the beer. Overall, similar to the red but the bruin has a much more pronounced malty edge to it. I like it more, and see it aging very well in the years to come - if I can keep it around that long!

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 10:10:28 pm by BeerSeq »

Offline mtevans

• Cellarman
« Reply #5536 on: March 22, 2024, 01:50:00 pm »

Kolsch I just finished lagering. Not quite ready yet probably could have went a couple more weeks. Turned out really good so far! Can’t wait to see where it goes in a few weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
    • The new Mayfair Court Brewhouse
« Reply #5537 on: March 22, 2024, 02:53:32 pm »
An amber with Willamette & Goldings hops and 2112 ...

Ken from Chicago. 
A day without beer is like... just kidding, I have no idea.

Offline John M

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #5538 on: March 22, 2024, 03:59:45 pm »

Wowza! Great picture!
Don't judge a beer by it's cover.

BJCP "Recognized" - Aspiring to Certified
Ohio Valley Homebrewers Association
Favorite Styles- German Lagers & Ales, Belgians of all kinds, Adjunct Stouts, SHV Beers, Barleywines/Old Ales

Offline mtevans

• Cellarman
« Reply #5539 on: March 22, 2024, 04:01:00 pm »

Ya that is an unbelievable picture

Offline Andy Farke

• Brewer
  • Homebrewing Paleontologist
    • Andy's Brewing Blog
« Reply #5540 on: March 24, 2024, 09:48:44 am »
Bohemian pilsner! It's almost perfect for my tastes...next time I will use a touch more melanoidin malt (I choose not to decoct usually).

Details on my blog: https://andybrews.com/2024/03/24/no-11-bohemian-pilsner/
Facebook: Farke Brewing

Offline Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
« Reply #5541 on: March 24, 2024, 03:08:25 pm »
Ken from Chicago. 

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Pics of recent brews?
« Reply #5542 on: March 24, 2024, 05:13:17 pm »
Here’s my Hopfenbier. This is a mixed style: American Pale Lager ≈  Classic American Pale Ale on the hot side using Lager techniques on the cold side. 

Classic American Pale Ale grain bill with a single infusion mash, New World hops and hop profile but with Lager yeast, fermentation profile, and conditioning. Very clean but firmly hopped.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 05:41:35 pm by BrewBama »

Offline Megary

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #5543 on: March 24, 2024, 05:27:41 pm »
Here’s my Hopfenbier. This is a mixed style: American Pale Lager ≈  Classic American Pale Ale on the hot side using Lager techniques on the cold side.  American Pale Ale grist bill with a single infusion mash, New World hops and hop profile but with Lager yeast, fermentation profile, and conditioning. Very clean but firmly hopped.

Beauty.

Offline John M

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #5544 on: March 24, 2024, 05:29:52 pm »
Lawd.. pour me one, please!
Don't judge a beer by it's cover.

BJCP "Recognized" - Aspiring to Certified
Ohio Valley Homebrewers Association
Favorite Styles- German Lagers & Ales, Belgians of all kinds, Adjunct Stouts, SHV Beers, Barleywines/Old Ales

Offline Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
« Reply #5545 on: March 25, 2024, 08:09:52 am »
I'm always waiting for that flamingo to drink your beer, BB.  Great looking beer and I like the idea .. pale ale with lager yeast kind of thing.  This is one of the beautiful aspects of brewing .. you can break all the rules or write your own rules.  Cheers. 
Ken from Chicago. 

Offline ScallyWag

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #5546 on: March 25, 2024, 08:52:34 am »
Here’s my Hopfenbier. This is a mixed style: American Pale Lager ≈  Classic American Pale Ale on the hot side using Lager techniques on the cold side. 

Classic American Pale Ale grain bill with a single infusion mash, New World hops and hop profile but with Lager yeast, fermentation profile, and conditioning. Very clean but firmly hopped.

Nice, that must be the one you brewed on Feb 13th (or posted that day).  Your post inspired me to alter one of my own recipes and try something in that direction, so I brewed something kind of similar last wednesday (it's in the fermenter now).  Thanks for the inspiration.  I hope yours turned out as great as it looks!

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Pics of recent brews?
« Reply #5547 on: March 25, 2024, 12:07:53 pm »
That’s the one. This is kind of a taste test and it passed with flying colors IMO. Firmly bittered and hoppy ala APA but clean fermentation and crisp ala Lager. We’ll see what the judges think. It’ll go out to AL Brewer’s Cup under 34B tomorrow.

Edit: it scored a 35
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 05:04:52 pm by BrewBama »

Offline purduekenn

• Brewer
« Reply #5548 on: March 25, 2024, 07:32:10 pm »
American Pale Ale 5.7% brewed on Anvil Foundry 10.5
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 09:37:35 am by purduekenn »

Offline HEUBrewer

• Cellarman
« Reply #5549 on: March 30, 2024, 06:14:16 pm »

Nicely done!!