Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Tilt Bluetooth floating hydrometer  (Read 23989 times)

Offline tommymorris

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Tilt Bluetooth floating hydrometer
« Reply #120 on: January 05, 2020, 06:14:33 pm »
My hydrometer and my Tilt are giving vastly different measurements (1056 versus 1048) while floating in the same batch of beer.

Both read 1.000 in 61F water right before taking the pictures below.

Is this kind of discrepancy normal? The first ten or so batches I brewed with the Tilt I had no hydrometer to compare. I just trusted Tilt.

Am I doing something wrong?

I’ve had very similar experiences. Reads 1.000 in distilled water but about .010 points off on OG on wort near 1.070. Hydrometer says 1.070 and Tilt says 1.060. I’ve compared with 2 additional hydrometers and my refractometer. Oddly FG will read the same from Tilt to hydrometer sample.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Tilt FAQ has info on how to tell if the battery is low. Basically, there are LED you need to look at. I haven’t tried yet since mine is in a batch of beer.

I think the OG being off but FG matching could be a symptom of low battery.

Offline jverduin

• Cellarman
« Reply #121 on: January 05, 2020, 06:20:35 pm »
My hydrometer and my Tilt are giving vastly different measurements (1056 versus 1048) while floating in the same batch of beer.

Is this kind of discrepancy normal? The first ten or so batches I brewed with the Tilt I had no hydrometer to compare. I just trusted Tilt.

I’ve had very similar experiences. Reads 1.000 in distilled water but about .010 points off on OG on wort near 1.070. Hydrometer says 1.070 and Tilt says 1.060. I’ve compared with 2 additional hydrometers and my refractometer. Oddly FG will read the same from Tilt to hydrometer sample.

The Tilt FAQ has info on how to tell if the battery is low. Basically, there are LED you need to look at. I haven’t tried yet since mine is in a batch of beer.

My situation has been present since my first batch with the Tilt. Coincidentally, the battery just died ( I got it last Christmas, so battery lasted about a year). Will see how it looks on my next batch.

Offline jverduin

• Cellarman
« Reply #122 on: January 05, 2020, 06:20:42 pm »

My situation has been present since my first batch with the Tilt. Coincidentally, the battery just died ( I got it last Christmas, so battery lasted about a year). Will see how it looks on my next batch.