Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Interesting stat  (Read 3154 times)

Offline mrbowenz

• Assistant Brewer
Interesting stat
« on: September 12, 2010, 04:37:43 pm »
I was curious about the readership on this forum and checked in on the member list stats( good # for a new forum I think ) , but one thing I have noticed not just here but many forums is the number of people who take the time to register , choose a user name , go through all the steps of signing up for a unique identity and never post a single "hello"  or comment.

So here on this forum we have 7817  members of which 6570 people who registered ,but never made a post .............yet ?

Just saying  :-X
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 04:39:24 pm by mrbowenz »
Brewing up history

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
Re: Interesting stat
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 05:00:11 pm »
Maybe a lot of accounts created during testing? Or maybe a lot of people create an account, then read one of Weaze's posts. Or see one of his pictures.
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”

Offline dj99

• Cellarman
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 05:04:33 pm »
Maybe they don't want to be identified in their posts as a "1st Kit" brewer?  :P
I loves to Homebrew!
(in SW Washington)

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 05:23:07 pm »
Registering makes lurking and reading the forum easier even if you don't want to post.  But yeah, that seems like a high number of people registering and not posting.
Clint
Wort Hogs

Offline beerocd

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 06:33:35 pm »
Registering makes lurking and reading the forum easier even if you don't want to post.  But yeah, that seems like a high number of people registering and not posting.

This place would be impossible with that many active users. I am shocked at the level of activity some days, it's already hard to keep up with everything going on here.
The moral majority, is neither.

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 07:13:57 pm »
What everyone reading this post needs to realize and consider is that 83.7% of all statistics are made up, right on the spot.  ;D
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 07:48:27 pm »
Maybe they don't want to be identified in their posts as a "1st Kit" brewer?  :P

We should probably change that to "1st Kilt"
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 06:33:10 am »
I registered back in November 2009.  When I search out my login name, there are 3 entries for me, 2 of which are the same login name but two distinct entries.  They were both created on 3/22/10.  So maybe it's just not me but some others who have mulitple entries but don't know it.

For the admins, the 2 accounts are 2933 and 2934, both under the name "stevo155".  My account 202, under "thedarkside" is the one I use.  Have no idea what happened in March 2010 ( can barely remember yesterday ).
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 07:13:51 am »
Yeah, there are a lot of dupes in there. Only one of me, though.

Offline dak0415

• Brewmaster
  • Winston-Salem, NC
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 07:36:59 am »
Maybe it's time to purge users that have 0 minutes online, I take that to mean they have never logged in.
Dave Koenig
Anything worth doing - is worth overdoing!

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 09:58:56 am »
There's 2 entries for me too.  One shows that I've never logged in.  There should be a way to search for accounts that have never been used but were created more than 1 month ago, and delete those.  Or maybe it's just not a priority.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 10:28:44 am »
Since we're all volunteers maintaining this site, I can tell you that it's not a priority for me!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2010, 10:35:26 am »
Since we're all volunteers maintaining this site, I can tell you that it's not a priority for me!

Agreed Denny. 

Maybe if there was some added value to removing them it would be worthwhile, but I don't see any redeeming qualities .
Ron Price

Offline duder

• 1st Kit
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2010, 11:15:00 am »
I don't post here much but I still frequent the site.  PLEASE, PLEASE,  PLEASE don't delete me! ;)

Good Luck

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2010, 11:33:07 am »

But my alter-egos keep taunting me then delete their posts so I can't prove it...

Or is this some AHA conspiracy to overinflate the forum numbers, like when the police multiply drug busts by a factor of 5 when estimating street values....hmmmm..

:P
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------