Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: What's Brewing This Weekend - 10/1  (Read 7071 times)

Offline dbeechum

• Global Moderator
  • I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Pasadena, CA
    • Experimental Brewing
What's Brewing This Weekend - 10/1
« on: September 29, 2010, 10:26:05 pm »
Whatcha got?

I think it's time to brew the 30 year old since I'm signing the final docs on Friday.
Drew Beechum - Maltosefalcons.com
- Vote in the AHA GC Election! - http://bit.ly/1aV9GVd  -
-----
Burbling:
Gnome is in the Details
*Experimental Brewing - The Book*
Tap:
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
Tupelo Mead
Farmhouse Brett Saison

Offline ajbrenneis

• 1st Kit
Re: What's Brewing This Weekend - 10/1
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 10:56:34 pm »
Congrats on the house!  Brewing a robust Porter Sunday. 
Adam Brenneis

Member - AHA
President - Harrisonburg Homebrewers
BJCP Provisional Judge (Testing March 2014!)

Don't forget to vote for AHA Governing Committee Members Feb 20th-Mar 31st! Cast your vote for Adam Brenneis!

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 11:49:31 pm »
Not brewing - I'm officiating a friend's wedding in Portland OR on Saturday, I hope to hit the new Cascade and Hair of the Dog while I'm there.  Hard to say though, the schedule might be too tight to hit both.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 01:41:47 am »
I went with 15 years. However- fantastic news! This will change your life. Celebrate!

Still wanting to do a Porter. Steeping no AG this time. Have 12 gallons to keg. Been slacking. ::)
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 09:33:47 am »
Congrats, Drew!  No brewing for me....time for fall chores.  Field mowing, chipping branches, pruning trees...
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline tygo

• Sterling, VA
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 10:02:38 am »
BoPils this weekend.  Also probably some fall chores here as well.  Time to overseed the lawn and get a little topsoil down on it.  Should be a busy weekend.
Clint
Wort Hogs

Offline dbeechum

• Global Moderator
  • Pasadena, CA
    • Experimental Brewing
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 10:28:23 am »
I went with 15 years. However- fantastic news! This will change your life. Celebrate!

No doubt. If I could have gone 15, you bet your sweet bippy I would have, but give that this house is a starter home in the LA region, that wasn't gonna happen! :)
Drew Beechum - Maltosefalcons.com
- Vote in the AHA GC Election! - http://bit.ly/1aV9GVd  -
-----
Burbling:
Gnome is in the Details
*Experimental Brewing - The Book*
Tap:
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
Tupelo Mead
Farmhouse Brett Saison

Offline vista

• Assistant Brewer
  • Orange, CT
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010, 10:33:19 am »
want to brew a nut brown...don't know if i should go with NB's recipe, jamil's...or...something else...just looking for a sessionable english nut brown though...any suggestions would be appreciated..
Take it easy...

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2010, 10:35:52 am »
Still working on the kegerator and the brewstand.  Probably prepare a starter for some IPA next weekend.
Ron Price

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2010, 10:39:20 am »
Congrats, Drew!  No brewing for me....time for fall chores.  Field mowing, chipping branches, pruning trees...
What kind of trees are you pruning?  I usually wait until the leaves have dropped and it's a lot colder . . .
Tom Schmidlin

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2010, 10:40:16 am »
Some fir trees with limbs overhanging the house.  I'll wait til spring for the fruit trees.

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2010, 10:46:03 am »
Some fir trees with limbs overhanging the house.  I'll wait til spring for the fruit trees.
Ah, that makes more sense.  Although now I'm having fun picturing you climbing the 70 feet or so to the lowest branches on the Doug firs in my yard  ;D  I'm guessing you have some other kind of firs or younger Dougs in mind.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2010, 10:48:51 am »
Some fir trees with limbs overhanging the house.  I'll wait til spring for the fruit trees.
Ah, that makes more sense.  Although now I'm having fun picturing you climbing the 70 feet or so to the lowest branches on the Doug firs in my yard  ;D  I'm guessing you have some other kind of firs or younger Dougs in mind.

Yeah, after I posted that I realized that it wasn't entirely accurate.  70 years ago my house was owned by an arborist and he planted a variety of evergreen trees in a circle around the front yard as a kind of showplace (the trees, definitely NOT the house!).  Some of them have limbs hanging over the house.  Fortunately, I can get to them with a ladder.  That said, I'd rather be brewing!

www.dennybrew.com

Offline redbeerman

• Senior Brewmaster
  • On the banks of the mighty Susquehanna in MD
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2010, 11:05:38 am »
Congrats Drew!  Good Luck!  No brewing this weekend.  Will probably work some on Saturday and do fall yard chores(aerate and overseed) on Sunday before football.  Have a Helles and amber fermenting still, they'll probably go into kegs for aging in a week or two.  Then another IPA, I suppose.  Time to bottle the wee heavy and put the year old oak-aged RIS into the serving fridge.
CH3CH2OH - Without it, life itself would be impossible.

[441, 112.1deg] AR

Jim

Offline 6thstreet

• Cellarman
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2010, 01:05:54 pm »
Going to brew my first Baltic Porter.  Damn thats a load of grain not to mention the yeast!