Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: What Are Your 2024 Homebrewing Resolutions? Here Are Mine...  (Read 2300 times)

Offline jherzjherz

• Administrator
  • Assistant Brewer
  • Julia Herz
    • American Homebrewers Association
What Are Your 2024 Homebrewing Resolutions? Here Are Mine...
« on: January 02, 2024, 11:34:21 am »
Hello all, wanted to say happy, happy New Year, happy homebrewing and thank you to our AHA Forum moderators who keep us going.

So...what are your 2024 homebrewing goals, resolutions, wishes and plans?

Mine are:

• Brew, transfer or carbonate a beer at least 1x a month
  • Perfect the PERFECT Extra Special Bitter (stay tuned for an upcoming Zymurgy column on my experience)
  • Judge in more competitions

Cheers, and to stay up to date on the AHA simply keep your membership current, enjoy and read Zymurgy and contact us https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/contact-us/ with any questions.
Julia

Julia Herz - Executive Director
American Homebrewers Association | Boulder, CO
JOIN US: HomebrewersAssociation.org

JULIA HERZ
Executive Director
American Homebrewers Association | Boulder, CO 80302

Offline Bob357

• Brewmaster
  • Consensus means nothing to me. I am who I am.
Re: What Are Your 2024 Homebrewing Resolutions? Here Are Mine...
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2024, 11:49:52 am »
Happy New Year Julia!

My resolution is to no longer rush my beers once they're packaged. Getting tired of the best pints being the last ones from a keg. It will mean drinking a lot more Miller Lite, which might even help lose a few pounds :)
Beer is my bucket list,

Bob357
Fallon, NV

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2024, 11:56:09 am »
My goal it to make homebrewing fun for me again. It's become too serious, almost like a job.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline jherzjherz

• Administrator
  • Assistant Brewer
  • Julia Herz
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2024, 12:01:30 pm »
My goal it to make homebrewing fun for me again. It's become too serious, almost like a job.

You may find inspiration in this recent Zymurgy. <Find Your Mojo and Make Things Great> https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/zymurgy-magazine/november-december-2022/

Cheers.
JULIA HERZ
Executive Director

Offline jherzjherz

• Administrator
  • Assistant Brewer
  • Julia Herz
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2024, 12:04:17 pm »
Happy New Year Julia!

My resolution is to no longer rush my beers once they're packaged. Getting tired of the best pints being the last ones from a keg. It will mean drinking a lot more Miller Lite, which might even help lose a few pounds :)

I think practicing patience is a brewers true gift...and challenge. :)
JULIA HERZ
Executive Director

Online ynotbrusum

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2024, 12:27:15 pm »
My goal is to keep pace with 2023.  I went back over my recipes and found that I brewed 33 times in 2023.  I will probably continue to transition to smaller batches to be able to try some brews that I haven't made in a while (or ever in some cases) - I'll just make some of them in  smaller batches (like 2-3 gallons), so they don't sit too long in the queue of kegs.

Oh I almost forgot - Cheers to 2024 brewing and enjoying!
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2024, 12:44:12 pm »

You may find inspiration in this recent Zymurgy. <Find Your Mojo and Make Things Great> https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/zymurgy-magazine/november-december-2022/

Cheers.

Thanks for the need suggestion, but I think that's the opposite of what I need.

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline jherzjherz

• Administrator
  • Assistant Brewer
  • Julia Herz
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2024, 12:58:38 pm »

Cheers.

Denny knows what Denny needs. Here is to less of a job feeling in whatever way you approach.
JULIA HERZ
Executive Director

Offline jherzjherz

• Administrator
  • Assistant Brewer
  • Julia Herz
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2024, 01:00:06 pm »
My goal is to keep pace with 2023.  I went back over my recipes and found that I brewed 33 times in 2023.  I will probably continue to transition to smaller batches to be able to try some brews that I haven't made in a while (or ever in some cases) - I'll just make some of them in  smaller batches (like 2-3 gallons), so they don't sit too long in the queue of kegs.

Oh I almost forgot - Cheers to 2024 brewing and enjoying!

Cheers right back. I've been finding smaller batches very rewarding and have been enjoying testing out recipes that way too.
JULIA HERZ
Executive Director

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2024, 01:08:34 pm »

Cheers.

Denny knows what Denny needs. Here is to less of a job feeling in whatever way you approach.

Thank you so much!

www.dennybrew.com

Offline dannyjed

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Toledo, OH
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2024, 02:01:40 pm »
My wife and I took over as Co-Presidents of our Homebrew Club (Glass City Mashers) over the past year. Our goal was to get members brewing more because we became more of a drinking club during the pandemic. We succeeded in meeting our goal by having style studies and having members brew to a particular style. We also had a Fall Festival where we all brewed beers and had people vote for their favorite 3 beers. Our club has a 1/2 acre hop yard and we had had our best harvest this year by making a few changes. We had our hops harvested, dried, tested, pelletized, and packaged at Mr. Wizards Hops. We ended up with a little over a 100 lbs for our members and local breweries.
This year we want to make the meetings more fun and less talk about business. We also want to have more style studies and improve on our Fall Festival.
My personal goal for the new year is to brew more styles that are hard to find at stores and breweries and have fun learning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan Chisholm

Offline John M

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2024, 02:20:59 pm »
Happy New Year! As I have just recently came back into the hobby, my resolution is to be more responsible with my time. I must put my kids and home responsibilities first, but still make plenty of time to immerse myself in my passion for brewing.
Don't judge a beer by it's cover.

BJCP "Recognized" - Aspiring to Certified
Ohio Valley Homebrewers Association
Favorite Styles- German Lagers & Ales, Belgians of all kinds, Adjunct Stouts, SHV Beers, Barleywines/Old Ales

Offline tommymorris

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2024, 02:27:41 pm »
My wife and I took over as Co-Presidents of our Homebrew Club (Glass City Mashers) over the past year. Our goal was to get members brewing more because we became more of a drinking club during the pandemic. We succeeded in meeting our goal by having style studies and having members brew to a particular style. We also had a Fall Festival where we all brewed beers and had people vote for their favorite 3 beers. Our club has a 1/2 acre hop yard and we had had our best harvest this year by making a few changes. We had our hops harvested, dried, tested, pelletized, and packaged at Mr. Wizards Hops. We ended up with a little over a 100 lbs for our members and local breweries.
This year we want to make the meetings more fun and less talk about business. We also want to have more style studies and improve on our Fall Festival.
My personal goal for the new year is to brew more styles that are hard to find at stores and breweries and have fun learning.

That all sounds great. Good job to you and your wife.

Offline jherzjherz

• Administrator
  • Assistant Brewer
  • Julia Herz
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2024, 03:04:08 pm »

WOW. Your club sounds great.
JULIA HERZ
Executive Director

Offline jherzjherz

• Administrator
  • Assistant Brewer
  • Julia Herz
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2024, 03:06:08 pm »
Happy New Year! As I have just recently came back into the hobby, my resolution is to be more responsible with my time. I must put my kids and home responsibilities first, but still make plenty of time to immerse myself in my passion for brewing.

That's the spirit. Planning things out and blocking out time, and then adjusting when needed, helps me get my brewing time to happen.
JULIA HERZ
Executive Director