Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: What's for Lunch?  (Read 27761 times)

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
What's for Lunch?
« on: February 24, 2011, 12:59:53 pm »
This is a "modified" bread soup dish that takes about 10 minutes to prepare.

Stale bread. In this case I used about 2/3 of a baguette that I sliced into bite-sized pieces.
One smoked chicken leg quarter de-boned and chopped.
One cup of Bavarian sauerkraut.
One cup of German potato salad.
Approx. one cup of shredded Monterrey Jack cheese.

Layer these ingredients up in a deep ceramic dish such as a crock-pot and top generously with the remaining cheese. Pour one quart of boiling chicken stock over it all and place covered in a 375F oven for at least 1 hour. I uncover for the last 15 minutes to brown the top.

Serve in bowls with a little chopped parsley.

Sorry if my plating skills are lacking. Sure is tasty, comforting and filling!
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline corkybstewart

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: What's for Lunch?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 02:06:49 pm »
That looks just slightly better than my ham and salami sandwich on stale bread :'(
Life is wonderful in sunny White Signal New Mexico

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 05:01:53 pm »
I made some kalbi beef, it was delicious!  Still working on the recipe though, it needs to be a bit sweeter with less rice wine.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 06:57:10 pm »
Mac n Cheese and Mickey-shaped chicken nuggets. I should've taken a picture; my plating skills are awesome.
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 08:04:57 pm »
Sometimes the simple things in life are best. It was PB&J today and it was very appetizing.

The older I get the more I think "simpler is better".
Ron Price

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 06:58:20 pm »
Ahi sashimi
Miso soup
Ono (wahoo) loco moco
KBC Lavaman Red draft
Haupia shave ice

Nihon Restaurant - Hilo Bayfront

Typical aloha Friday business lunch. (pau hana at lunchtime on Friday)
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline punatic

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 07:15:16 pm »
I made some kalbi beef, it was delicious!  Still working on the recipe though, it needs to be a bit sweeter with less rice wine.

With all the Koreans living here, Kalbi is a very popular dish in these parts.  YUM!

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 08:53:36 pm »
With all the Koreans living here, Kalbi is a very popular dish in these parts.  YUM!
Love it! ;D
Tom Schmidlin

Offline euge

• I must live here
Re: What's for Lunch? Dump-rings
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 10:02:55 pm »
Here's my lunch today. Lunch at 2100 hrs that is. Got my ass whupped. But always makes some time for steamed and fried dumplings with ginger soy and garlic chili-oil.

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline punatic

Re: What's for Lunch? Dump-rings
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2011, 10:14:48 pm »
Here's my lunch today. Lunch at 2100 hrs that is. Got my ass whupped. But always makes some time for steamed and fried dumplings with ginger soy and garlic chili-oil.

Mmmm... gyoza  Yum!  Local kine grinds here too.

Sounds like you work shift work.  If I'm not bein' to nosey euge, what do you do?

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline euge

• I must live here
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2011, 11:31:27 pm »
Not too nosey. I'm a Radiographer with full credentials. My skills run the full gamut but feel that my specialty lays in pediatric trauma. I'm privileged enough to work on second shift so my lunch usually is around 1800-ish. Breakfast is usually around 1300 so guess I get "two" lunches lol. ;)

Offline punatic

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2011, 12:22:20 am »
Not too nosey. I'm a Radiographer with full credentials. My skills run the full gamut but feel that my specialty lays in pediatric trauma. I'm privileged enough to work on second shift so my lunch usually is around 1800-ish. Breakfast is usually around 1300 so guess I get "two" lunches lol. ;)

Pediatric trauma... you are a good man.  I wouldn't have the strength of heart to do that job.

A second-shifter.  I worked the second shift, 15:00 - 23:00 for 11 of the 15 years I worked in the power plant.  Definetly the best shift for that job. I was able to get my engineering degree at nearby University of Central Florida during the day, and study at work at night.  I was very fortunate not to have to work the rotating shifts that most of the operating crews worked.  Rotating shifts make you old before your time.

Bring a curious masochist I added up all of the hours I worked in those 15 years.  Over 15 years I averaged 54 hours per week.  Not easy to get an engineering degree working those kind of hours.  It took 10.5 years to get my degree. Lucky ting I could study at work many nights.  Lucky ting I'm still married!

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline euge

• I must live here
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2011, 12:46:40 am »
I got my BFA while working full time. I'd pull 8 hour shifts as a bartender 5 nights a week. Then I'd drive 20 miles to my studio and paint till 3-4am. Drive 20 miles home and class in the morning. When I started Radiology school I quit working just to feel what it was like to go to school and have no job. :o

It was awesome. ;D

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2011, 10:48:07 am »
Got the steelhrad I caught smoked. Gonna have that on some saltines, with a Milwaukee's Best.  ;D
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline euge

• I must live here
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2011, 10:57:27 pm »
Everyone gets a birthday party at work. This was my lunch today. Chalupas Compuestas.

Everyone loved the Salsa Quemada that I brought for the birthday girl.