Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Whiskey  (Read 183104 times)

Offline Ron756

• Assistant Brewer
  • Submarines once, Submarines Twice....
Re: Whiskey
« Reply #1380 on: February 05, 2024, 02:51:02 pm »
Hate to not see posts on this thread. Finished off a bottle of Ezra Brooks 99 Rye in December. A tab bit sweet, but at 25 bucks a bottle it's affordable and tasty.
I have a bottle of Jefferson’s Ocean voyage 28 open at the moment.   
Still my go to.  Started to smoke it with maple and oak.  Very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #1381 on: April 05, 2024, 11:39:38 am »
Bought a bottle of Knobel Tennessee Whiskey which seemed expensive in the grand scheme of things. Opened it last night and while I need to hit it more it ain't seeming as if it will be a favorite. Left an impression of cherry life saver on the palate. Of course that could have been due to something I ate so I'll hit it again with a clean palate.
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #1382 on: April 08, 2024, 07:19:39 am »
Finished off a bottle of 25 buck Speyburn 10 Year Single Malt last night. Was surprised at the level of packaging on a budget friendly single malt scotch. At first I didn't think much of it because the flavors were so light. Eventually it captured my attention and in the end it's worth picking up. Kinda boring, but a great one to pour when you don't want to overwhelm the palate and need a Speyside scotch.

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #1383 on: April 15, 2024, 02:36:15 pm »
I hit the Knobel over a few days this weekend and I've come around to it. Must have been my palate was off kilter when I first opened it. Still not sure it's worth the price of admission. More sampling will be required to know.