Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Pics of recent brews?  (Read 586629 times)

Offline brewinhard

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Pics of recent brews?
« Reply #1755 on: June 10, 2016, 06:04:31 pm »
Ohhhh man. I have got to brew that recipe. Looks fantastic! And agreed, that pic looks much lighter than the one Ken posted. How are the hops still holding up on that one? 

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #1756 on: June 10, 2016, 06:19:14 pm »
Ohhhh man. I have got to brew that recipe. Looks fantastic! And agreed, that pic looks much lighter than the one Ken posted. How are the hops still holding up on that one? 

Fantastically. But I keg dry hop (now in a double layer, weighted 5 gallon paint strainer bag, and leave 'em in). Never been able to shake the idea that I'm trapping all the hop character in the keg. I'm right, but it takes a good way to contain fine hop particles to be successful -  1/ letting hops settle and jumping to another keg ,  2/ using a sure screen on the tube along with a paint strainer, or  3/ This method.  Dry hopped in many different combos (including as ferment winds down ) and I like this.

Edit -  Should've added that I liked a single layer strainer bag but didn't love it, because the single layer let a very small amount of hop debris through, which left a vegetal, harsh character sometimes. The double layer seems to act like an air or oil filter, where multiple layers of filter media contain enough particulate to do the job.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 06:38:33 pm by HoosierBrew »
Jon H.

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #1757 on: June 15, 2016, 05:16:49 pm »
Cherry wood Smoked Porter and Cranberry NE IPA
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #1758 on: June 15, 2016, 05:30:12 pm »
Look great!
Jon H.

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #1759 on: June 15, 2016, 05:35:14 pm »
Thanks happy with both. My girlfriend was in the mood for the porter and me the ipa and it was a beautiful day after work so a great photo op.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #1760 on: June 15, 2016, 05:41:11 pm »
The smoked porter sounds great, how did the cranberry IPA turn out?
Jon H.

Offline tommymorris

Pics of recent brews?
« Reply #1761 on: June 15, 2016, 07:27:54 pm »

Pale Lager
3G batch, 1046 OG, 1008 FG
100% Briess Brewers Malt
22 IBU Warrior @ 60
WLP838
Yellow full water

I wanted to try a 100% Briess Brewers Malt beer to judge this malt for myself. Gotta say the beer is delicious. Pleasant malt flavor. No strong flavors just mellow malt goodness.

I have used Briess in lots of recipes but never 100%. I have also used Rahr many times and like it too. Next up a 100% Rahr 2-row beer, after I keg the 100% Weyermann Pils beer currently in the fermenter :)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 07:32:09 pm by alestateyall »

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #1762 on: June 15, 2016, 07:43:42 pm »
The smoked porter sounds great, how did the cranberry IPA turn out?
I'm very pleased with it, especially for the first crack of a style. I didn't go full on flour or anything, Just 3.4% each flaked wheat and barley in the mash. That makes a great, full mouthfeel that is a great canvass for whirlpool hops. I used a pretty pedestrian cascade/centennial dominated mix and dry hopped and put in keg as well.
As far as the cranberries go: made juice with vegetable juicer,juice at end of primary(puree like) and the skins and seeds in a mesh bag in keg with more hops. The Cranberry/hops combo is nice, makes you want another sip.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #1763 on: June 15, 2016, 07:45:16 pm »
Pretty beer !
Jon H.

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #1764 on: June 15, 2016, 07:50:07 pm »

Pale Lager
100% Briess Brewers Malt
22 IBU Warrior @ 60
WLP838
Yellow full water

I wanted to try a 100% Briess Brewers Malt beer to judge this malt for myself. Gotta say the beer is delicious. Pleasant malt flavor. No strong flavors just mellow malt goodness.

I have used Briess in lots of recipes but never 100%. I have also used Rahr many times and like it too. Next up a 100% Rahr 2-row beer, after I keg the 100% Weyermann Pils beer currently in the fermenter :)
This is the beer Jon refers to as pretty and I agree! Cool glass too!

Offline tommymorris

Pics of recent brews?
« Reply #1765 on: June 15, 2016, 07:50:58 pm »

Pale Lager
100% Briess Brewers Malt
22 IBU Warrior @ 60
WLP838
Yellow full water

Thanks, Pete & Jon.

Edit: that's a Libbey 9 oz. Puebla tumbler.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 08:10:27 pm by alestateyall »

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #1766 on: June 15, 2016, 08:16:11 pm »

Pale Lager
100% Briess Brewers Malt
22 IBU Warrior @ 60
WLP838
Yellow full water

Thanks, Pete & Jon.

A scotch glass for beer!

Offline tommymorris

Pics of recent brews?
« Reply #1767 on: June 15, 2016, 08:17:24 pm »

Pale Lager
100% Briess Brewers Malt
22 IBU Warrior @ 60
WLP838
Yellow full water

Thanks, Pete & Jon.

A scotch glass for beer!
The things I do for my liver (and my weight).

Edit: liver not kidneys.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 07:56:14 am by alestateyall »

Offline BrewBama

Pics of recent brews?
« Reply #1768 on: June 16, 2016, 04:27:15 pm »

Pale Lager
100% Briess Brewers Malt
22 IBU Warrior @ 60
WLP838
Yellow full water

Good lookin brew. I have a SMaSM conditioning now. (Rahr 2 row + Simcoe + Bry-97). I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully it'll look this ^^^^ good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline tommymorris

« Reply #1769 on: June 16, 2016, 05:09:33 pm »

Pale Lager
100% Briess Brewers Malt
22 IBU Warrior @ 60
WLP838
Yellow full water

Good lookin brew. I have a SMaSM conditioning now. (Rahr 2 row + Simcoe + Bry-97). I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully it'll look this ^^^^ good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dwayne, we need to get together for happy hour. I am at Blue Pants tonight. Trying to complete the Madison County brewery circuit (homework assignment from Keith). Two more after this: Mad Malts and Black Bear. Then there's GreenBus when they open.