Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: NHC Direct links email  (Read 34405 times)

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
Re: NHC Direct links email
« Reply #105 on: February 26, 2013, 03:04:31 pm »
<Talking in an old man voice, maybe Grandpa Simpson>
I'll tell you young kids, it didn't used to be this way. All the new folks come in and ruin it for the old timers.
<Old man falls a sleep, Matlock plays in the background>

Well that was different. Time for a beer.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline seanoj

• 1st Kit
« Reply #106 on: February 26, 2013, 03:17:31 pm »
My brother in law was able to register for San Diego but was unable to get any beers in before it got full.  Can he switch to another region?  Zero entered in SD...

yes, but don't wait!  Your next three closest regions will be full very soon!

No joy.  Locked his membership number to SD.  This sucks.  We brewed 15 beers for the competition and I was able to enter 4 and him zero.  :(

Offline udubdawg

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #107 on: February 26, 2013, 03:24:00 pm »
My brother in law was able to register for San Diego but was unable to get any beers in before it got full.  Can he switch to another region?  Zero entered in SD...

yes, but don't wait!  Your next three closest regions will be full very soon!

No joy.  Locked his membership number to SD.  This sucks.  We brewed 15 beers for the competition and I was able to enter 4 and him zero.  :(

wow, that is terrible.  sorry man. 
SD shows up here as not full yet, so perhaps some people will not pay and a few spots will open up.  keep your eyes open.
http://www.brewingcompetition.com/
The concept of registration only working for one site is silly.  I'll be judging in KC and Tulsa but apparently I cannot actually register to judge in KC since my entries are going to Tulsa?  C'mon AHA...

Offline spowlison

• Cellarman
« Reply #108 on: February 26, 2013, 03:54:51 pm »
NHC Registration Update: The American Homebrewers Association (AHA) is halting National Homebrew Competition (NHC) registration due to the extensive technical difficulties with the system that we have been troubleshooting (to limited effect) since registration opened earlier today. We will post updates on the status of NHC registration as we have them.

The AHA is deeply sorry for the problems associated with NHC registration today. The AHA worked in advance with our providers to ensure that registration would be seamless. But as we all saw, that did not result as promised or planned. We accept responsibility for today’s failures, and we apologize for the headaches.

We realize there will be many questions about next steps for existing and hopeful registrants. Again, please stay tuned for details.

Thank you for your support of the National Homebrew Competition. At the end of the day, the NHC—the world’s largest beer competition—is a testament to your creativity and success as homebrewers. Cheers to that, and again, please accept our apologies.

-Spencer

Spencer Powlison
Brewers Association
Marketing Coordinator

Offline rjharper

• Brewmaster
    • Angry Scotsman Brewing
« Reply #109 on: February 26, 2013, 04:04:07 pm »

We realize there will be many questions about next steps for existing and hopeful registrants. Again, please stay tuned for details.

I'm glad they finally recognized a problem, but having lost 2hrs at work to finally get registered, and paid, I really hope we're not starting from scratch again.

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
« Reply #110 on: February 26, 2013, 04:07:02 pm »

I'm glad they finally recognized a problem, but having lost 2hrs at work to finally get registered, and paid, I really hope we're not starting from scratch again.

Are your entries showing as paid on the registration site?  I got the email confirming payment from Janis and I see the pending transaction on my credit card but mine aren't showing paid on the site.
Clint
Wort Hogs

Offline redbeerman

• Senior Brewmaster
  • On the banks of the mighty Susquehanna in MD
« Reply #111 on: February 26, 2013, 04:34:13 pm »
My entries are numbered 409, 490, and 554.  Site shows them paid.  This is in OH.
CH3CH2OH - Without it, life itself would be impossible.

[441, 112.1deg] AR

Jim

Offline jhwk

• Cellarman
« Reply #112 on: February 26, 2013, 05:05:49 pm »

Are your entries showing as paid on the registration site?  I got the email confirming payment from Janis and I see the pending transaction on my credit card but mine aren't showing paid on the site.
Ditto - actually have entry # 00010!  got six in over a two hour period, got note thanking me for paying from Janis but not on site.  Hope they don't purge the database like it says, after 24 hours of nonpayment...
Life Member - Yeah, and I am still waiting on that $600 t-shirt...

narvin

« Reply #113 on: February 26, 2013, 05:13:24 pm »
I think they fixed the payment confirmation later on.  The earlier payments didn't seem to register on the site.  Since they have the credit card transaction and payment emails, they should go back and correct that.

At the moment, I can't even login to check.

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
NHC Direct links email
« Reply #114 on: February 26, 2013, 05:43:10 pm »
My NYC entries registered and paid, and show such in the website.
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline kwright

• 1st Kit
« Reply #115 on: February 26, 2013, 05:49:25 pm »
First time I get to go to the AHA conference and awards and I get shut out of entering any beers. Have entered the last three years and have been getting better scores each year now nothing. Really bummed  :(

Offline davidgzach

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #116 on: February 26, 2013, 06:03:29 pm »
My NYC entries registered and paid, and show such in the website.

Mine too!  I hope there is no do-over.  I spent 1.5 hours getting my 4 entries in.
Dave Zach

Offline kraypd

• 1st Kit
« Reply #117 on: February 26, 2013, 06:54:53 pm »
Thanks to the AHA forum I was able to find the links Janis posted to get my one entry registered and paid for in Atlanta. 

Checking my email tonight I can see that the AHA announcement was sent at 1:00PM but only received in my Yahoo account at 5:30PM ET.   

It's a shame on how it's transpired today but I certainly hope that they don't reset everything.

Offline lupulinmax

• 1st Kit
« Reply #118 on: February 26, 2013, 07:00:29 pm »
I too got my one entry in and paid with confirmation email and credit card charge, but not acknowleded by registration system.  Now, i just got an AHA email saying I have 24 hours to pay.  I sure hope there isn't an auto delete in 24 hours . . . .

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
« Reply #119 on: February 26, 2013, 07:10:48 pm »
I too got my one entry in and paid with confirmation email and credit card charge, but not acknowleded by registration system.  Now, i just got an AHA email saying I have 24 hours to pay.  I sure hope there isn't an auto delete in 24 hours . . . .

I got this email as well and since they're telling me I didn't pay, and I don't want to lose my entries, I paid again.  If I end up getting charged twice I'll just cancel my membership for the next couple of years to make up for it.
Clint
Wort Hogs