Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: NHC Direct links email  (Read 34664 times)

Offline phunhog

• Brewer
Re: Re: NHC Direct links email
« Reply #135 on: February 26, 2013, 09:48:51 pm »
Don't worry about it.  You "paid twice" but in the end you will only be charged once.  There are a lot of problems being worked through, some people paid way more than twice because the system wasn't updating.  If you have a receipt saying you paid, you paid.  It will get worked out but it will take some time.
beat me too it Tom.

First step is to resolve these issues.  On payment,   and I'll back all the actions the AHA staff have taken,  all issues will be straightened out. In the end only correct payment will be taken.
Obviously I have no immediate knowledge of who paid what but I know all will be straightened out.

Fred

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

So does that mean I don't have to go and try to "pay again"?  The website says I haven't paid BUT I have an email receipt from Janis that says I DID pay.  I don't want to to create any more work for the AHA, or myself, by paying multiple times "just in case". I trust it will be all worked out in the end but I will be extremely upset if my entries are denied for "non payment".

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
Re: NHC Direct links email
« Reply #136 on: February 26, 2013, 10:18:31 pm »
If you have a receipt saying you paid, you paid.  It will get worked out but it will take some time.

I hear what you're saying Tom, but that's not what the most recent email that was sent out, signed by Gary Glass, said. 

It said, "If you believe you have already paid for your entry or entries, you may log in to the competition system to verify your registration.".

So if you log in to the competition system, and it says you didn't pay, then I'd recommend that people go ahead and pay again.  Forgive me if I don't trust the process and better safe than sorry.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 10:20:05 pm by tygo »
Clint
Wort Hogs

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #137 on: February 26, 2013, 10:50:29 pm »
If you have a receipt saying you paid, you paid.  It will get worked out but it will take some time.

I hear what you're saying Tom, but that's not what the most recent email that was sent out, signed by Gary Glass, said. 

It said, "If you believe you have already paid for your entry or entries, you may log in to the competition system to verify your registration.".

So if you log in to the competition system, and it says you didn't pay, then I'd recommend that people go ahead and pay again.  Forgive me if I don't trust the process and better safe than sorry.
All that tells me is that they have not finished resolving the issues.  But by all means, if you are worried about it pay again if you like, or if you don't like it but feel like you have to.  Really.  Pay as many times as it takes to make you feel comfortable, you will still only be charged once. :)
Tom Schmidlin

Offline Vin S

• Assistant Brewer
  • Harwinton CT
« Reply #138 on: February 27, 2013, 07:29:45 am »
I Received the letter also and to play it safe was going to pay again, but when you log In to do so It says all entries are paid for?
" There is no such thing as a bad beer. It's that some taste better than others." Billy Carter

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #139 on: February 27, 2013, 07:32:23 am »
I Received the letter also and to play it safe was going to pay again, but when you log In to do so It says all entries are paid for?

Take a screenshot and save it.  That along with your receipt from Janis should be enough to prove you've paid for you entries.
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline Siamese Moose

• Cellarman
« Reply #140 on: February 27, 2013, 07:36:48 am »
In my case my bank shows my card has been charged five times, but the registration site says I am still not paid. My most recent email (this morning) is the message from Gary telling me I have to pay by 1:00 MST or I will be deleted. At this point I am just sitting on it, and will not try paying again. I don't know what I'll do if I get deleted.
Please read her profile, and reelect my wife to the Governing Committee: Roxanne Westendorf

I named my brewery after my cat, Moose. He's Siamese.
Rob Westendorf
Cincinnati, OH
Bloatarian Brewing League current President
BJCP National (outranked by my wife, the Master Judge)

Offline duncan

• AHA / BA
  • Administrator
  • Brewer
    • HomebrewersAssociation.org
« Reply #141 on: February 27, 2013, 10:55:04 am »
Please take a moment to read the most recent update issued by the American Homebrewers Association. Further updates will be posted as they are available.

http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/pages/community/news/show?title=nhc-registration-update

Cheers,
Duncan
American Homebrewers Association / Brewers Association

Offline duboman

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #142 on: February 27, 2013, 10:55:36 am »
I am one that paid twice and will eventually receive a credit for the duplicate as per my conversation with Janis.

Here's the thing though, because of all the glitches with registration I have spoken with other people that were in the same position and received the same letter. The problem ties in with the fact that some regions reported having received more entries than the 750 cutoff. As a result, if they decided not to pay again to get the site to recognize their entries being paid, many other people did and once the 750 paid entries were recognized their payments were not allowed and basically they got shut out

Don't shoot the messenger, this is only what I am hearing from those I know that this happened to-I'm sure it will get worked out:)
Peace....Love......Beer......

The Commune Brewing Company-Perfecting the craft of beer since 2010

Offline spowlison

• Cellarman
« Reply #143 on: March 01, 2013, 08:49:32 am »
Hello everyone,
Please take a moment to read our latest update on National Homebrew Competition registration:

http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/pages/community/news/show?title=nhc-registration-update

Thanks,

Spencer

Spencer Powlison
Brewers Association

Offline Siamese Moose

• Cellarman
« Reply #144 on: March 01, 2013, 12:11:22 pm »
Update on my registration:
My entries now show as paid, and my duplicate payments have all been refunded.

I do not envy the AHA staff right now, but they're getting it done!
Please read her profile, and reelect my wife to the Governing Committee: Roxanne Westendorf

I named my brewery after my cat, Moose. He's Siamese.
Rob Westendorf
Cincinnati, OH
Bloatarian Brewing League current President
BJCP National (outranked by my wife, the Master Judge)

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #145 on: March 01, 2013, 12:43:14 pm »
Update on my registration:
My entries now show as paid, and my duplicate payments have all been refunded.

I do not envy the AHA staff right now, but they're getting it done!

I'm glad to hear it. :)
Ron Price

Offline spowlison

• Cellarman
« Reply #146 on: March 04, 2013, 01:39:25 pm »
Here is today's update:

http://www.homebrewersassociation.org./pages/community/news/show?title=nhc-registration-update

Thank you all for your patience and support!

--Spencer

Spencer Powlison
Marketing Coordinator

Offline jeffy

• Tampa, Fl
« Reply #147 on: March 08, 2013, 01:23:32 pm »
How and when will I know if my entries, which were over the limit for the region I entered, will be reassigned to another region?
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline Janis

• AHA Project Coordinator/NHC Director
  • Brewer
  • Which came first, the pelican or the beer?
    • American Homebrewers Association
« Reply #148 on: March 08, 2013, 02:19:51 pm »
How and when will I know if my entries, which were over the limit for the region I entered, will be reassigned to another region?
Hi Jeffy,

The brewers of the excess entries that were moved from the San Diego, Zanesville, OH, and New York competitions were notified of the moves last week.  If you did not receive an e-mail stating that your entries had been moved, then you should be fine.  You can log in to the system to check your entries. 

Good luck in the competition!

Cheers,
Janis
Janis Gross
National Homebrew Competition Director
AHA Project Coordinator
janis@brewersassociation.org

Offline jeffy

• Tampa, Fl
« Reply #149 on: March 08, 2013, 02:23:41 pm »
Hi Jeffy,

The brewers of the excess entries that were moved from the San Diego, Zanesville, OH, and New York competitions were notified of the moves last week.  If you did not receive an e-mail stating that your entries had been moved, then you should be fine.  You can log in to the system to check your entries. 

Good luck in the competition!

Cheers,
Janis
Thank you, Janis.  The entries on my log in page look the same as they did before and I didn't get an email, so I guess they go to Ohio.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995