Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: NHC Direct links email  (Read 34666 times)

Offline lupulinmax

• 1st Kit
Re: NHC Direct links email
« Reply #120 on: February 26, 2013, 07:22:06 pm »
Did your second try get updated on the site?  I already did it twice early during all the problems and do see two outstanding charges.  I'll probably just wait and see how the system looks tomorrow, unless you saw a change.

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
« Reply #121 on: February 26, 2013, 07:26:09 pm »
Did your second try get updated on the site?  I already did it twice early during all the problems and do see two outstanding charges.  I'll probably just wait and see how the system looks tomorrow, unless you saw a change.

Yes, the site now says that my entries are paid.

I was just going to wait until tomorrow as well to see if the AHA released any guidance but this paragraph from the latest email motivated me to just pay again:

Note: Other homebrewers who registered and also have not yet paid will be logging in to pay for their entries as well. If your selected judging region reaches capacity before you complete your payment, you will see a "capacity reached" message. If this happens, your entry will be reassigned to another region, and you will be notified about that region reassignment via a separate communication. From there, you will have the option to complete payment to register in that region, or you may opt not to do so. (In other words, participating in the reassigned region will remain optional.)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 07:29:04 pm by tygo »
Clint
Wort Hogs

Offline lupulinmax

• 1st Kit
« Reply #122 on: February 26, 2013, 07:33:01 pm »
Good point.  Now a payment race, if that hasn't been halted too.

narvin

« Reply #123 on: February 26, 2013, 07:38:47 pm »
At this point, the site says that they have halted registration.  Paying twice is only going to create more problems for them in the long run.  If you have a receipt, I would be shocked if they didn't honor your payment.

Offline chuckd76

• 1st Kit
  • Chesterland, Ohio
    • Welcome to Collinwood!
« Reply #124 on: February 26, 2013, 07:54:33 pm »
In light of the fact that they've had problems all day and with the threat of getting booted out of the competition if the site says I didn't pay in time, I'd say this is a case of better safe than sorry. The first time I paid I got the confirmation email but no change on my entries. The site went down and a few hours later I get an email saying I still need to pay. The second time has my entries showing paid on the brewing competition site. I'm taking the easy route for me. A simple call to the bank will stop one of the payments if it turns out I'm actually paying twice.

narvin

« Reply #125 on: February 26, 2013, 08:09:07 pm »
Fine, I'll jump on the bandwagon and pay again.  I suppose it will be easier for Janis to issue a refund for one than to fix the mess if the system automatically deletes my entries tomorrow.

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
« Reply #126 on: February 26, 2013, 08:25:36 pm »
Fine, I'll jump on the bandwagon and pay again.  I suppose it will be easier for Janis to issue a refund for one than to fix the mess if the system automatically deletes my entries tomorrow.

Yep, that was pretty much my thinking.
Clint
Wort Hogs

Offline lupulinmax

• 1st Kit
« Reply #127 on: February 26, 2013, 08:32:20 pm »
I went at it again too.  I feel better with a paid check mark than not.

Offline gsandel

• Brewer
  • www.onbeer.blogspot.com
    • On Beer
« Reply #128 on: February 26, 2013, 08:56:31 pm »
So, what the bloody 'ell? So after being unsuccessful in registering at 1pm and seeing the announcement that they were shutting the system down, I look to see if there are further instructions, only to find out that my region filled 1/2 hour ago. So when did they start it back up and why didn't anyone tell?

I am starting to think bad things and form bad opinions.
You wouldn't believe the things I've seen...

Offline jhwk

• Cellarman
« Reply #129 on: February 26, 2013, 08:57:07 pm »
This is such garbage! In hours we go from "The American Homebrewers Association (AHA) is deeply sorry for the problems associated with NHC registration. The AHA worked in advance with our providers to ensure that registration would be seamless [how you say that with a straight face is amazing]. But as we all saw, that did not result as promised or planned. We accept responsibility for the system’s failures and apologize for the headaches." to:

"You are receiving this message because our records show that you have at least one entry registered but NOT paid for in the 2013 competition. There is still time to pay for and complete your entry or entries.  If you believe you have already paid for your entry or entries, you may log in to the competition system to verify your registration."

Duh - I know I registered, because you are now contacting me to say I have an unpaid entry I already paid for and have a receipt for AND you are FORCING me to pay again.

Maybe I should give your legal section a little workout in civil court.
Life Member - Yeah, and I am still waiting on that $600 t-shirt...

Offline jhwk

• Cellarman
« Reply #130 on: February 26, 2013, 09:01:19 pm »
*headslap*  paid twice  couldn't go a third year without being able to enter.  This is a bucket list item for me.

Just wish the AHA would get their collective S%1t together.
Life Member - Yeah, and I am still waiting on that $600 t-shirt...

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #131 on: February 26, 2013, 09:04:22 pm »
Don't worry about it.  You "paid twice" but in the end you will only be charged once.  There are a lot of problems being worked through, some people paid way more than twice because the system wasn't updating.  If you have a receipt saying you paid, you paid.  It will get worked out but it will take some time.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #132 on: February 26, 2013, 09:34:52 pm »
My wife pointed out that no one died today entering the NHC. At least that we know about.

I was about to say "whatever" and it started to work. I can go to sleep, and tomorrow I have to clear what looks to be heavy snow. That may kill me!
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline bonjour

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Troy, MI, 37mi, 60.9deg AR
Re: Re: NHC Direct links email
« Reply #133 on: February 26, 2013, 09:37:47 pm »
Don't worry about it.  You "paid twice" but in the end you will only be charged once.  There are a lot of problems being worked through, some people paid way more than twice because the system wasn't updating.  If you have a receipt saying you paid, you paid.  It will get worked out but it will take some time.
beat me too it Tom.

First step is to resolve these issues.  On payment,   and I'll back all the actions the AHA staff have taken,  all issues will be straightened out. In the end only correct payment will be taken.
Obviously I have no immediate knowledge of who paid what but I know all will be straightened out.

Fred

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Fred Bonjour
Co-Chair Mashing in Michigan 2014 AHA Conference in Grand Rapids, Michigan
AHA Governing Committee; AHA Conference, Club Support & Web Subcommittees

Everything under 1.100 is a 'session' beer ;)

Offline bonjour

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Troy, MI, 37mi, 60.9deg AR
Re: Re: NHC Direct links email
« Reply #134 on: February 26, 2013, 09:41:40 pm »
My wife pointed out that no one died today entering the NHC. At least that we know about.

I was about to say "whatever" and it started to work. I can go to sleep, and tomorrow I have to clear what looks to be heavy snow. That may kill me!
but I do think that Janis and Gary had heart attacks ;-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Fred Bonjour
Co-Chair Mashing in Michigan 2014 AHA Conference in Grand Rapids, Michigan
AHA Governing Committee; AHA Conference, Club Support & Web Subcommittees

Everything under 1.100 is a 'session' beer ;)