Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: What's Brewing this Weekend?  (Read 423813 times)

Offline brewinhard

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: What's Brewing this Weekend?
« Reply #1890 on: May 16, 2017, 08:47:06 am »
Gonna do an APA, 76% 2row/17% MO/7% C40. Late hopped with Azacca and either Centennial or Lemon Drop.

Yum. Sounds tasty Jon! Any dry hops in there too or just whirlpool?

Offline brewinhard

« Reply #1891 on: May 16, 2017, 08:47:51 am »
Classic German Weissbier with WY 3068. Getting prepared for a fermenter explosion!

Offline JJeffers09

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #1892 on: May 16, 2017, 08:49:24 am »
Classic German Weissbier with WY 3068. Getting prepared for a fermenter explosion!
Right! All of the German wheat strains I have tried have almost hateful fermentation...

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

AHA Member
Indiana Brewers Union (IBU)

Offline blatz

• Paul Blatz - Jupiter, FL
« Reply #1893 on: May 16, 2017, 09:02:49 am »
made a Chinook/Ekuanot IPA this past weekend.  Currently drinking a Simcoe/Ekuanot - looking forward to comparing them.
The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

BJCP National: F0281

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #1894 on: May 16, 2017, 09:17:28 am »
Gonna do an APA, 76% 2row/17% MO/7% C40. Late hopped with Azacca and either Centennial or Lemon Drop.

Yum. Sounds tasty Jon! Any dry hops in there too or just whirlpool?

Gonna use 4.5 oz total in the whirlpool and 2.5 combined dry. 50/50 on the Azacca and whichever other hop. 40 IBU Magnum @ 60.
Jon H.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #1895 on: May 16, 2017, 09:18:20 am »
made a Chinook/Ekuanot IPA this past weekend.  Currently drinking a Simcoe/Ekuanot - looking forward to comparing them.

Curious to see what you think  - I liked both.
Jon H.

Offline Phil_M

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Southern Maryland
« Reply #1896 on: May 16, 2017, 09:19:45 am »
So right now my plan is to brew using the first of my two vials of White Labs Klassic Ale yeast.

As normal, I'm basing things of a Ron Pattinson recipe...should be a great little session IPA.  :P

http://barclayperkins.blogspot.nl/2011/09/lets-brew-wednesday-1868-younger-xp.html

« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 09:32:49 am by Phil_M »
Corn is a fine adjunct in beer.

And don't buy stale beer.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #1897 on: May 16, 2017, 09:32:17 am »

Yep, that and 3787. Get the blowoff hose ready.  ;D
Jon H.

Offline dannyjed

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Toledo, OH
« Reply #1898 on: May 16, 2017, 02:11:45 pm »
Never say never. I'm going to try and make a NEIPA since I can't get any commercial examples. I want to see what all the fuss is about.
Dan Chisholm

Offline EnkAMania

• Brewer
« Reply #1899 on: May 16, 2017, 02:38:05 pm »
I'm trying to make a banana bread beer.  A friend of my girlfriend had one.  The things I agree to do.  :)
Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny

Offline Ale Farmer

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #1900 on: May 20, 2017, 12:04:38 am »
Just finished brewing a spruce ale--fresh spruce tips from the towering Norway spruce trees next to my home that I picked less than two weeks ago. This is my third go with it: the first was like an APA--with a lot of spruce, which my wife said reminded her of apple juice. Last year, I used Golden Promise, Munich, scaled back on the spruce (3.5 oz. for 5.5 gallons) and added some Special B--and it worked very well: the floral/fruit-like flavor of the spruce complemented the raisiny Special B. And so this year, I upped the Special B a  bit to see what happens. Should be a refreshing summer ale, if nothing else.
George

Brew and grow...

Bottled: Belgian May Ale, APA, Wit, Pilsner, Rye Pale Ale, Pale Irish Ale, Dark Mild, Brown Porter, English Pale Ale, Amber Ale

Fermenting:

Next Brews: English Pale Ale, Spruce Porter, Brown Ale

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #1901 on: May 21, 2017, 01:01:37 pm »

Got it in the fermenter. Finally had a smooth brew day. The last couple beers ended up good but the brew days were a challenge for one reason or another. One I missed mash temp by a couple dF, the other I nearly forgot water salts and lactic, as well as whirlfloc. Today was smooth sailing, other than I ended up a point over target @ 1.055. Within margin of error obviously. Decided on 50/50 Azacca/Lemon Drop late (will dry hop same) , with WY1450. Love APA.
Jon H.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #1902 on: May 21, 2017, 01:18:29 pm »
Nothing this weekend, but last Thur. made what I'm calling a summer ale using malt from another craft maltster, Gold Rush in Baker City OR.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline David

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #1903 on: May 21, 2017, 01:26:10 pm »
All grain kolsch kit from Northern Brewer, also bottling a California Common that has been in secondary for two weeks.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” -- Henry Ford

Offline brewinhard

« Reply #1904 on: May 21, 2017, 02:17:11 pm »
Kegged my Weissbier today at just a little over 50 hrs from pitching. Got spunding valve set to 40 psi for natural carbonation. The beauty of this one is that I am actually looking for some yeast and haze in the beer.