Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Baseball 2016  (Read 23503 times)

narvin

Re: Baseball 2016
« Reply #135 on: October 27, 2016, 06:09:26 pm »
Well, Jake delivered big time last night.  Good for him.

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #136 on: October 27, 2016, 08:01:17 pm »
Ken, just imagine what the Tribe would look like if our payroll even approached $150M, let alone $200M+

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
I'd been fine this year if not for dropping 2 of our starting pitchers to injury...that hurts when you're playing for best of 7.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes, and Arrieta was a beast last night. At least we won't have to see him again for a while

Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline beersk

• In the night!
« Reply #137 on: October 28, 2016, 08:10:57 am »
Ken, just imagine what the Tribe would look like if our payroll even approached $150M, let alone $200M+

I'd been fine this year if not for dropping 2 of our starting pitchers to injury...that hurts when you're playing for best of 7.

Yes, and Arrieta was a beast last night. At least we won't have to see him again for a while

Yeah, but now you have Hendricks tonight... he's even more of a beast as of most of this year, which came as a surprise to me. I'm excited for tonight's game. I'll be out at a bar with friends, drinking and eating and cheering along with the rest of the people in the bar. Should be a good time for all, given that the Cubs are playing well, that is. I'm still in that mental state that I can't believe the Cubs are in the World Series, so I'm just happy they're there at this point. Obviously I'd like to see them win it all, but just getting there and winning one game was my desire to fully invest my emotions in. So anything beyond this is a bonus at this point.
Jesse

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #138 on: October 28, 2016, 08:17:30 am »
Yeah, but now you have Hendricks tonight... he's even more of a beast as of most of this year, which came as a surprise to me. I'm excited for tonight's game. I'll be out at a bar with friends, drinking and eating and cheering along with the rest of the people in the bar. Should be a good time for all, given that the Cubs are playing well, that is. I'm still in that mental state that I can't believe the Cubs are in the World Series, so I'm just happy they're there at this point. Obviously I'd like to see them win it all, but just getting there and winning one game was my desire to fully invest my emotions in. So anything beyond this is a bonus at this point.

I feel the same, man. Hendricks is definitely the better pitcher of the two tonight and they're calling for the wind to be blowing out strong, so there'll be some long balls. I'm thrilled and amazed that they're even there, but truthfully, they're the more complete team (no offense to Ken and the rest of the Tribe fans) and I actually expect them to do it. Crazy! And if not, Theo is hopefully building a young dynasty.
Jon H.

Offline Wort-H.O.G.

• Play Nice
    • Harvey's Brewhaus
« Reply #139 on: October 28, 2016, 08:18:43 am »

That is until Murphy's revenge shows his stanky goat  ::)
Ken- Chagrin Falls, OH
CPT, U.S.Army
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harveys-Brewhaus/405092862905115

http://braukaiser.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Science_of_Mashing

Serving:        In Process:
Vienna IPA          O'Fest
Dort
Mead                 
Cider                         
Ger'merican Blonde
Amber Ale
Next:
Ger Pils
O'Fest

Offline 69franx

« Reply #140 on: October 28, 2016, 08:56:27 am »
Is it true that bars in Chicago are charging $200-300 just to get in the bar to watch?

Frank L.
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline beersk

• In the night!
« Reply #141 on: October 28, 2016, 09:03:33 am »
Is it true that bars in Chicago are charging $200-300 just to get in the bar to watch?

That can't be, that's insane if true.

And the curse is broken dude, it was only on getting to the World Series, not winning it. The whole goat thing can die now.
Jesse

Offline Wort-H.O.G.

• Play Nice
    • Harvey's Brewhaus
« Reply #142 on: October 28, 2016, 09:05:52 am »

And the curse is broken dude, it was only on getting to the World Series, not winning it. The whole goat thing can die now.

And I quote, "Outraged, Sianis allegedly declared "Them Cubs, they ain't gonna win no more," which has been interpreted to mean that either the Cubs would never win another National League Pennant or else that they would never again win a World Series."    ;D   Just poking
Ken- Chagrin Falls, OH
CPT, U.S.Army

Dort
Mead                 
Cider                         
Ger'merican Blonde
Amber Ale
Next:
Ger Pils
O'Fest

Offline 69franx

« Reply #143 on: October 28, 2016, 09:07:32 am »
The bar thing has been all over the radio here in Cincy, I just could not imagine people paying that to sit in a bar. Or $3000 scalped tix

Frank L.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #144 on: October 28, 2016, 09:08:54 am »
And I quote, "Outraged, Sianis allegedly declared "Them Cubs, they ain't gonna win no more," which has been interpreted to mean that either the Cubs would never win another National League Pennant or else that they would never again win a World Series."    ;D   Just poking

If the damn goat would've just practiced a little better hygiene in the first place, they might've let him in.  :)
Jon H.

Offline Wort-H.O.G.

• Play Nice
    • Harvey's Brewhaus
« Reply #145 on: October 28, 2016, 09:14:52 am »

If the damn goat would've just practiced a little better hygiene in the first place, they might've let him in.  :)

True that!  I think all the Indian's should wear a goat pendant while playing at Wrigley, in honor of Ol' Murphy.
Ken- Chagrin Falls, OH
CPT, U.S.Army

Dort
Mead                 
Cider                         
Ger'merican Blonde
Amber Ale
Next:
Ger Pils
O'Fest

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #146 on: October 28, 2016, 09:15:48 am »

Unfortunately, it's true. They listed a run down of bars on the radio yesterday that AREN'T charging. List wasn't super long.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/cubs/2016/10/27/world-series-chicago-cubs-cleveland-indians-bars-cover-charges-wrigley-field-wrigleyville/92849328/

Edit - I'm sure it applies mostly to the big bars with lots of traffic. Small neighborhood pubs should still be pretty accessible.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 09:24:56 am by HoosierBrew »
Jon H.

Offline Joe Sr.

• Chicago - NORTH SIDE
« Reply #147 on: October 28, 2016, 10:43:23 am »
The bars that are charging are mostly full of tools anyway.  I went to Old Crow after a game earlier this year and it was like a college bar at a big 10 school.  Had to stand in line to get in etc.  Packed wall to wall.  I'd rather go anywhere else, but the crowd I was with went there.

I'll be home tonight with friends and a couple bottles of Dark Lord.

Tickets this morning were $1800 minimum.  I know people who are going and are willing to spend that.  Crazy. 

That price is for SRO tickets.  That's totally insane.
It's all in the reflexes. - Jack Burton

Offline Phil_M

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Southern Maryland
« Reply #148 on: October 28, 2016, 10:49:33 am »
And here I thought that $120 for SRO tickets to the O's home opener was bad...those prices have to hurt.
Corn is a fine adjunct in beer.

And don't buy stale beer.

Offline beersk

• In the night!
« Reply #149 on: October 28, 2016, 12:24:22 pm »

Considering they haven't been to a World Series since this thing happened, I'd interpret that it meant they won't win a pennant, not the series. Once in the series, all curses are off. And now, I think we can move on from this curse bullsh*t.

I'll be having beers at my house around 6pm, then heading 2 blocks to my local pub for food, beers, and the game with friends. Should be a good night!
Jesse