Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Pics of recent brews?  (Read 586875 times)

Online Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
    • The new Mayfair Court Brewhouse
Re: Pics of recent brews?
« Reply #3945 on: November 19, 2020, 09:07:56 pm »
Here’s my Dubbel sitting on a table with bonus boxers in the background!
More beautiful color.  Love that red.   
Ken from Chicago. 
A day without beer is like... just kidding, I have no idea.

Offline pete b

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Barre, Ma
« Reply #3946 on: November 20, 2020, 05:14:51 am »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aw, man I miss our boxer. So sweet and smart.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline Iliff Ave

« Reply #3947 on: November 20, 2020, 09:22:50 am »

Those times when you need to fit an entire bomber in a glass
Yes, beautiful color.

Thanks! Dry hopped american strong ale fermented with black cherry juice
On Tap/Bottled: IPL, Adjunct Vienna, Golden Stout, Honey Lager
Fermenting: IPA
Up Next: mexi lager, Germerican pale ale

Offline beerphilmcd

• Assistant Brewer
  • Enzymatic activity excites me!
« Reply #3948 on: November 21, 2020, 07:59:54 am »

Aw, man I miss our boxer. So sweet and smart.
We adopted our first boxer when we bought our first home. Best decision we ever made! They connect deeply with the whole family.

"Perhaps wisdom for me is understanding how truely small I am, and that there is no smug self centered moment of clarity when there is so much more to learn" Anthony Bourdain

Offline beerphilmcd

• Assistant Brewer
  • Enzymatic activity excites me!
« Reply #3949 on: November 21, 2020, 08:07:58 am »
More beautiful color.  Love that red.
All the color comes from D180 & cane syrup which is about 75 srm. Thanks

"Perhaps wisdom for me is understanding how truely small I am, and that there is no smug self centered moment of clarity when there is so much more to learn" Anthony Bourdain

Online BrewBama

« Reply #3950 on: November 21, 2020, 09:51:07 am »
Helles.  Best Malz Pils, Weyermann Barke Vienna, Spalt hops, Omega Bayern lager yeast.

Is there such a thing as banning someone because their beer pictures are too good?!
Just kidding, of course. I think I am going to start setting my beer brewing schedule based on your photos because every time I see these I want to brew that beer.
+1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Online Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
« Reply #3951 on: November 22, 2020, 02:36:51 pm »
Hanging out in the greenhouse this afternoon with the wife.  Citra-Amarillo Pale Ale and Red Lager...

« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 02:38:28 pm by Village Taphouse »
Ken from Chicago. 

Offline fredthecat

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #3952 on: November 22, 2020, 06:04:35 pm »
Hanging out in the greenhouse this afternoon with the wife.  Citra-Amarillo Pale Ale and Red Lager...

lol nice, but wow? youre in chicago?

it snowed massively just a few hundred km west

Offline tommymorris

« Reply #3953 on: November 22, 2020, 06:39:30 pm »

Wait. Who got the big beer glass and who got the little beer glass?

Online Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
« Reply #3954 on: November 22, 2020, 07:06:44 pm »
lol nice, but wow? youre in chicago?

it snowed massively just a few hundred km west
It was 45° and sunny here today.  Last year my wife asked me to build her a greenhouse/she-shed.  When it's sunny and anywhere from 30° to 60° it's very comfortable in there.  She put a small sofa in there with two chairs and I built a small table and ran some low-voltage lighting in there.  Click HERE and go down to post #108 and you'll see the finished product.  At first I was rolling my eyes but it is really nice to be able to sit "outside" on a day when there is sun.  In the summer I'll go in there if I want to be outside but it starts to rain. 
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 07:13:17 pm by Village Taphouse »
Ken from Chicago. 

Online Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
« Reply #3955 on: November 22, 2020, 07:08:40 pm »
Wait. Who got the big beer glass and who got the little beer glass?
She has the pale ale and it's probably a 12oz glass.  I have the red lager which might be a 16 and it's closer to the camera.  ;)
Ken from Chicago. 

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #3956 on: November 23, 2020, 06:12:31 am »

Ken, I realize I have the exact same greenhouse that we use to extend our growing season. You inspired me to put a couple chairs in there and now on sunny but cold weekend afternoons we will have a beer and watch the sunset amongst our lettuce and spinach.

Online Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
« Reply #3957 on: November 23, 2020, 07:33:20 am »
Ken, I realize I have the exact same greenhouse that we use to extend our growing season. You inspired me to put a couple chairs in there and now on sunny but cold weekend afternoons we will have a beer and watch the sunset amongst our lettuce and spinach.
My wife and I spend a lot of time outside.  In the spot where the greenhouse is there was a trampoline but two of our kids have graduated from college and moved to Austin and our third is a junior at Colorado so I asked if I could take out the trampoline and fix the 'dirt circle' underneath it.  My wife asked me to build her a greenhouse but it was clear that it was not for plants.  We have neighbors who must assume that if they're outside for any length of time they'll vaporize into steam.  They are never outside, ever.  So the greenhouse does not appeal to everyone.  My wife has had friends over on a 50° sunny day and they sit out there.  It's better than I imagined.  On a windy, cold but sunny day it's very comfortable in there.  I also ran some solar lights along the top beam for nights when it's warm.

Obviously it doesn't get much use when it's hot in the summer but I have been out there with my tablet to watch baseball, bring some music and a speaker in there, go out there right before a thunderstorm and watch the rain, etc.  We've had lunch out there, etc. 

« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 07:54:17 am by Village Taphouse »
Ken from Chicago. 

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #3958 on: November 23, 2020, 10:58:32 am »
My wife and I spend a lot of time outside.  In the spot where the greenhouse is there was a trampoline but two of our kids have graduated from college and moved to Austin and our third is a junior at Colorado so I asked if I could take out the trampoline and fix the 'dirt circle' underneath it.  My wife asked me to build her a greenhouse but it was clear that it was not for plants.  We have neighbors who must assume that if they're outside for any length of time they'll vaporize into steam.  They are never outside, ever.  So the greenhouse does not appeal to everyone.  My wife has had friends over on a 50° sunny day and they sit out there.  It's better than I imagined.  On a windy, cold but sunny day it's very comfortable in there.  I also ran some solar lights along the top beam for nights when it's warm.

Obviously it doesn't get much use when it's hot in the summer but I have been out there with my tablet to watch baseball, bring some music and a speaker in there, go out there right before a thunderstorm and watch the rain, etc.  We've had lunch out there, etc. 

We have lots of weather in early spring and late fall in New England, and I am sure the same is true in Chicago, that are great for working outdoors and hiking but are just a bit nippy to sit still and enjoy a beer, despite beautiful sunny and clear skies. We have 4 large containers in there with lettuce, arugula, and spinach. The plants cranking out 02 make the air in there very pleasant and its nice having fresh greens into December.

Online Village Taphouse

• Brewmaster General
  • Ken from Chicago
« Reply #3959 on: November 23, 2020, 11:12:36 am »
We have lots of weather in early spring and late fall in New England, and I am sure the same is true in Chicago, that are great for working outdoors and hiking but are just a bit nippy to sit still and enjoy a beer, despite beautiful sunny and clear skies. We have 4 large containers in there with lettuce, arugula, and spinach. The plants cranking out 02 make the air in there very pleasant and its nice having fresh greens into December.
Exactly.  It looks like a nice day but you can't comfortably sit outside because it's windy or cool.  The greenhouse takes care of that and you still feel like you're outside.  In the spring when we have a nice day (75° or something), I might have a baseball game on and sitting outside but then it will cool off or get windy or start drizzling and I pick up and go into the greenhouse.  It's pretty cool.  Now to get draft beer out there and also a bathroom.  :D  I replaced our wifi with a Eero mesh system and I can stream video out to the greenhouse so I'll bring my tablet and watch football out there and my wife has streamed Netflix out there.  Also... it's fastened down to the deck with big, coarse-thread screws.  The engineering is pretty good but believe me... when we get a storm or high winds, I check the greenhouse to see if it has been blown into the Klopek's yard.  :D
Ken from Chicago.