Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: What's the Weather Like Where You Are?  (Read 223760 times)

Offline pinnah

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Wesloper, CO
Re: What's the Weather Like Where You Are?
« Reply #435 on: July 26, 2011, 09:20:06 am »
It is indeed shaping up to be an epic mushroom year. 8)

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #436 on: July 26, 2011, 09:57:10 am »
It is indeed shaping up to be an epic mushroom year. 8)

That's a good thing. I love mushrooms.  :)

Ron Price

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #437 on: July 26, 2011, 12:35:36 pm »
It's supposed to reach 103 today and I just had to call the AC company. The unit has stopped cooling and is blowing 80 degree air. And they can't come until the morning. :-\

This is the third time in three years that it's given me a problem during the hot season. >:(
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline corkybstewart

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #438 on: July 26, 2011, 09:54:29 pm »
Still hotter than the gates of Hell and humid.  On the "bright" side there's been lots of pretty lightning to watch all around us, but mostly all it does is start grass and forest fires
Life is wonderful in sunny White Signal New Mexico

Offline fatdogale

• Assistant Brewer
  • Lynnwood, WA
« Reply #439 on: July 26, 2011, 10:56:12 pm »
DEEP SURGE OF MONSOONAL MOISTURE

8), NWS Warning
Stay out of the slot canyons today!

I love the monsoonal flow.  Really early this year, normally not until August afternoons.
My hops are loving it.

Gonna be a great shroom hunt in Telluride!

So where are you guys located (Pinnah and 1vertical)?  It sounds like you're in the vicinty of my hometown, Montrose.  I'm in WA now, but I do miss western CO.  In keeping on topic, this has been one gray, wet summer, the second in a row.  I'm thankful we don't have the blistering heat the rest of the country is suffering through, but dang, we get very little sun 9 months of the year...we depend on July, Aug, and Sept to replenish our Vit D stores (and sanity)!  I'm running short on both!
John Childs

Offline euge

• I must live here
« Reply #440 on: July 27, 2011, 01:27:49 am »
The compressor-unit fan motor or what ever turns it on to cool the dang thing down ain't working. Tried a box fan laid on top and while that works somewhat I don't like doing it. Both of the 10k and 6k Haier window units have the living-room, dining room, kitchen and the master cooled down to a balmy 77. House fan recirculating the air to the house (with two unused rooms shut off). The dual return has one vent closed off and the one in the master pulling the air into the living room.

Not a substitute for central air and unbalanced. But it'll do until the repair is completed.

F the mortgage. I'm moving to the PNW where occasionally one sees some precipitation from time to time. ???

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #441 on: July 27, 2011, 02:31:50 am »

F the mortgage. I'm moving to the PNW where occasionally one sees some precipitation from time to time. ???

Hey, we get 180" of rain per year here at my house.
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline jeffy

• Tampa, Fl
« Reply #442 on: July 27, 2011, 04:25:09 am »
The compressor-unit fan motor or what ever turns it on to cool the dang thing down ain't working. Tried a box fan laid on top and while that works somewhat I don't like doing it. Both of the 10k and 6k Haier window units have the living-room, dining room, kitchen and the master cooled down to a balmy 77. House fan recirculating the air to the house (with two unused rooms shut off). The dual return has one vent closed off and the one in the master pulling the air into the living room.

Not a substitute for central air and unbalanced. But it'll do until the repair is completed.

Mine had the same problem just last month.  Check the capacitor (silver can-looking thing about 6 inches tall) for bulging.  This part is easy to replace and only costs about $30.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #443 on: July 27, 2011, 04:52:14 am »
One of the benefits to living in a very old house is that, in the basement, it's pretty much always 70 degrees or less. A few months ago when we had our heatwave (max around 107), I hung out in the basement for most of the evening. Nice and cool, and we got some stuff organized too.
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline 1vertical

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Ozone Layer. Actual location
« Reply #444 on: July 27, 2011, 07:41:41 am »
So where are you guys located (Pinnah and 1vertical)? 
Me= Central BFE Whyoming
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #445 on: July 27, 2011, 09:48:57 am »

Lemme know when to expect you!  ;)
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #446 on: July 27, 2011, 11:49:15 am »
Finally cooled down to 88F today and very low humidity (relatively speaking). It's been running 95-103F with 80+% humidity for the last two weeks. It is so nice today that I actually rode the motorcycle into work today.
Ron Price

Offline 1vertical

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Ozone Layer. Actual location
« Reply #447 on: July 27, 2011, 01:20:45 pm »

So we ain't gonna be drinking shiner bock in shiner when I retire?
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

Offline euge

• I must live here
« Reply #448 on: July 27, 2011, 03:15:20 pm »

So we ain't gonna be drinking shiner bock in shiner when I retire?

Got the AC fixed. I might have to summer up north and winter down here. This heat is driving everyone nuts. Now if I could just retire at 55- that might facilitate a relocation. ;D

Offline punatic

• Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #449 on: July 27, 2011, 11:04:27 pm »
Sitting here, pau hana in my loft, sipping a Drink Your Words corriander lager, and watching an amazing sunset behind Mauna Loa.  The clouds are on fire!

No moon until 3AM tonight.  Soon I'll repair to the lanai for star gazing in the recliner with homemade extra-dry martinis.  The Milky Way dominates the night sky here now.

Hawaii!
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907