Do you have an AHA membership?

Yes
748 (86.8%)
No
83 (9.6%)
No Pants
31 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 848

Author Topic: AHA Membership  (Read 170036 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: AHA Membership
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2009, 04:46:49 pm »
Good idea, BrewArk!  We'll see if it's possible.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Hokerer

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Manassas, VA
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2009, 05:02:55 pm »
So, I entered my AHA account number and linked my login to my account.

Could you describe that process.  I don't see anywhere to enter my AHA number like you're talking about.
Joe

narvin

« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2009, 05:21:57 pm »
So, I entered my AHA account number and linked my login to my account.

Could you describe that process.  I don't see anywhere to enter my AHA number like you're talking about.

It seems like it's only on the main homebrewersassociation.org account page, not the forum preferences.  Go here:

http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/pages/login
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 05:23:43 pm by narvin »

Offline Hokerer

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Manassas, VA
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2009, 05:29:38 pm »
It seems like it's only on the main homebrewersassociation.org account page, not the forum preferences.

mucho thanks!  works like a champ and I'm now linked
Joe

Offline smurfe

• Cellarman
  • Brewing on the Bayou
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2009, 05:52:07 pm »
Yes, I am a member and darn proud of it. Zymurgy is my favorite magazine. I love the website to and am just stoked about this forum. I will say though that I actually thought you had to be a member to access this site.
I cook and I brew down on the bayou

Swampwater Brewing
Gonzales Louisiana

Offline KING__SIZE

• Cellarman
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2009, 06:14:20 pm »
Hmm... I have a 6 digit membership #, and they ask for a 9 digit # to link the account. Hmmm...
“Before anything else, preparation is the key to success.” Alexander Graham Bell

Offline BrewArk

• Brewmaster
  • Rick - Newark, California
    • BrewArk
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2009, 06:17:39 pm »
Hmm... I have a 6 digit membership #, and they ask for a 9 digit # to link the account. Hmmm...

I had the same problem.  I put zeros in front of my number and it accepted it.
Beer...Now there's a temporary solution!

Na Zdraví

Offline smurfe

• Cellarman
  • Brewing on the Bayou
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2009, 06:20:13 pm »

I had the same problem.  I put zeros in front of my number and it accepted it.

Yup, thats what you do.
I cook and I brew down on the bayou

Swampwater Brewing
Gonzales Louisiana

Offline niquejim

• Cellarman
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2009, 06:21:25 pm »
I was, and will be again( after my brewing sabbatical) now that I can come here instead of tech-talk.
Burrowing Owl Brewery----Better things for better living...Through Debauchery and Inebriation

Offline KING__SIZE

• Cellarman
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2009, 07:35:09 pm »
I did try that before I posted, to no avail. I'll contact them if I ever get a free moment at work.
“Before anything else, preparation is the key to success.” Alexander Graham Bell

Offline rabid_dingo

• Brewmaster
  • Brighton, CO :D
    • Mile High Monks
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2009, 12:00:45 am »
I love taking advantage of the AHA rallies. I have had a ton of fun at them. Met a ton of cool people and I am working on a kilt to qualify for the no pants option. As far as options for those who can't take advantage of the benefits, I would encourage the "Schwag" that we have received before. Such as the beer glasses from Boston. I am not asking for every brewery to send glasses but even little things from them to encourage patronage would be cool. Maybe some items that could be transferable to make sure that it is not wasted. Such as those near by the sponsoring brewery could partake, those far and away could say, "I have a cousin..go there and buy ___ and wait for me to show up."

Ruben * Colorado :)

Offline mrbowenz

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2009, 06:51:04 am »
Hell yes, I'm a member!  :)  It looks like we're on track to finally get homebrewing legalized in all 50 states this year, and although I can't go into details, we're closer to getting homebrew shipping legalized than we've ever been!  Also, we have special "Members Only" sections planned for the website and forum, so you'll get even more value with your AHA membership.

Yes, I am a proud member as well , ever since I started brewing , but looking at this quote above, says it all , the AHA is our voice , our lobby and our resource. What I am excited about ....is this forum , and specifically the timing, I countribute to several of the popular forums, but being part of this from the begining is great , I always felt like an outsider to established relationships. plus this is OUR forum , not tied to a specific store or region . I really didn't like the old Tech Talk , this format is some much better , I thank all who where involved in getting this done ...Top notch ladies and gentlemen ! 8)
Brewing up history

Offline roffenburger

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2009, 07:01:07 am »
Well it looks like I am in the minority here.... :-[ I better get my membership soon! I like the suggestions from everyone:

-Icon to show who the AHA members are--I think this will encourage others from the board to join once they see how many people are already members of AHA.

-Seeing the big wigs at conferences, rallies, etc

-FREE SCHWAG!
Travis R.

Offline stout_fan

• Cellarman
  • Winner: Least original Avatar
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2009, 08:49:30 am »
It seems like it's only on the main homebrewersassociation.org account page, not the forum preferences.

mucho thanks!  works like a champ and I'm now linked
Still not clear on this. What is it, relative to your regular login?
I guess I didn't get the memo.... :(

Not sure when I joined. I usually rip & clip the issues for space considerations, but kept the special issues. Oldest one I have is 1989. I guess that's when I joined as a life member.
I'd say something witty down here, but I'm at a bit of a disadvantage in that department.

boulderbrewer

« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2009, 09:45:41 am »
Yep, I'm member, been one for 4 years. No pubs near me anymore, but the Surly rally was a great time.