Do you have an AHA membership?

Yes
748 (86.8%)
No
83 (9.6%)
No Pants
31 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 848

Author Topic: AHA Membership  (Read 169958 times)

Offline homebrewgamecock

• Cellarman
  • Westminster, CO
Re: AHA Membership
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2009, 10:40:00 am »
Lots of great benefits from the AHA.  Just from the legality standpoint, the AHA rocks.  They do so much for the brewing community nationwide.

Offline chumley

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2009, 12:09:31 pm »
A member for over 10 years.  I don't use  the benefits much, since I live in nowheresville, but do like the magazine.

As what the AHA can do for me since I am hundreds of miles away from a pub that honors the discount, maybe send me free beer?

Offline richt

• Cellarman
    • My blog
« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2009, 02:08:43 pm »
I am.  There aren't any pub discounts around me, but I use the 10% discount at Midwest and Northern Brewer all the time.  I went to Colorado this summer and visited a bunch of breweries and pubs where I could have used it, but just kept forgetting.
On Tap: IPA, Amber, Emma's Brown, Barleywine
Fermenting/Conditioning: Sour project, Bourbon barrel Barleywine, Kit IPA
http://www.razebrewing.com
http://adventuresinhomebrew.blogspot.com

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2009, 02:20:16 pm »
I am.  There aren't any pub discounts around me, but I use the 10% discount at Midwest and Northern Brewer all the time.  I went to Colorado this summer and visited a bunch of breweries and pubs where I could have used it, but just kept forgetting.

Is this discount only in-store, or can you use it when ordering online?
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline Thirsty_Monk

• Brewmaster General
  • Eau Claire WI
    • Lazy Monk Brewing
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2009, 02:28:55 pm »
I have a 10% club discount at NB, Midwest, Wind River and Cap'n'corks and that is "In Store Only".
Na Zdravie

Lazy Monk Brewing
http://www.lazymonkbrewing.com

Offline matthew

• Cellarman
« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2009, 05:06:38 pm »
I signed up again last year thanks to a kind old gent and again this year after another kind old man
told me of th forum. I told him I let my membership lapse and he said I didnt need one to join th forum,
but I didnt think it right for me to poke around here and not help out so I joined up th next day. Seemed
like th right thing to do. Thanks old guys.
Well it hurts down here on Earth lord
It hurts down here on Earth
It hurts down here cause we're running out of beer
But we're all gonna die someday

Offline bendbrew

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2009, 06:56:25 pm »
I joined as soon as I found this.  The primary reason is because I felt this was a forum/cause I wanted to support.  Second, and with increasing relevance, is the support and information I receive from others.  Thirdly, I am looking forward to my first copy of Zymurgy.  Finally, my local pub-Deschutes Public House and Brewery provides the discount.

Offline k4df4l

• Cellarman
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2009, 06:32:28 am »
Hell yes, I'm a member!  :)  It looks like we're on track to finally get homebrewing legalized in all 50 states this year, and although I can't go into details, we're closer to getting homebrew shipping legalized than we've ever been! 

This is one big reason why I am a member.....An organization that not only helps protect my right to brew my own beer but fights to get brewing legalized in the states where it currently is not legal is definitely worthy of my support.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2009, 09:44:47 am »
I signed up again last year thanks to a kind old gent and again this year after another kind old man
told me of th forum. I told him I let my membership lapse and he said I didnt need one to join th forum,
but I didnt think it right for me to poke around here and not help out so I joined up th next day. Seemed
like th right thing to do. Thanks old guys.

As one of those old guys, Matt, it's a pleasure to have you here.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline dhacker

• Brewmaster
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2009, 12:00:36 pm »
I'm curious if AHA has ever been involved in or been asked to provide legal opinion or counsel in any case whereby an over zeaolus local jursdiction may have over stepped the bounds of what is by law completely legal.

I ask because in the local paper this week a guy got busted for supposedly running a still . . The officers were quoted as saying . .  "We found a lot of empty buckets and sugar in the house . . ."

I thought to myself . . THROW AWAY THE KEY!!  :D
Just brew it...

Offline valorian

• 1st Kit
    • Forest City Brewers
« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2009, 12:40:31 pm »
I use the club discounts all the time. My membership pays for itself that way. I havnt been able to go to any rallies though. None have been in my area in a few years.

Offline richt

• Cellarman
    • My blog
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2009, 02:58:33 pm »

I have only used it in-store, but a club member buddy of mine who told me about the discount uses it while ordering, he said he asks for it in the instructions box online and puts his AHA member # in there. 

This discount has saved me several times over my the cost of membership this year since I upgraded my kegerator in the summer.
On Tap: IPA, Amber, Emma's Brown, Barleywine
Fermenting/Conditioning: Sour project, Bourbon barrel Barleywine, Kit IPA
http://www.razebrewing.com
http://adventuresinhomebrew.blogspot.com

Offline hopshead

• Cellarman
« Reply #72 on: November 16, 2009, 07:15:54 am »
I have to say that the AHA is the best thing going for homebrew.  I have been homebrewing for about 3.5 years and a member of AHA for about 3 years.  As far as the AHA benefits goes, to me, promoting the hobby to new and current membership is the most important benefit.  I always want to homebrew and by promoting the "industry" of brewing I know that I will always be able to homebrew.  I love Zymurgy, that is a very very professional publication that I read cover to cover.  The other benefits to AHA members are nice but I currently have not partaken in them mainly because there are no close pubs and I don't really brew for competition much.  This forum and new website is a major perk also. 

Offline deepsouth

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Brew Maison
« Reply #73 on: November 16, 2009, 07:46:12 am »
i'm a member.  not that kind of member, an aha member.
Hoppy Homebrewers of South Mississippi (est. 2009)

AHA# 196703

bottled:     white house honey ale

Offline fightdman

• Cellarman
« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2009, 08:33:26 pm »
How long does it usually take to get your membership card?
GAVDIVM MIHI VAE TIBI