Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Baseball 2016  (Read 23518 times)

Offline scarecrow

• Cellarman
Re: Baseball 2016
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2016, 06:23:22 pm »
And the Indians got here with just under $84m salary(26 lowest out of 30)  .....compared to dodgers top salary in MLB at $227m.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dodgers are the highest,  wow, i thought the Cubs would be higher.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Offline Wort-H.O.G.

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Play Nice
    • Harvey's Brewhaus
Baseball 2016
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2016, 06:30:49 pm »
Cubs 12th at $ 116m

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 06:32:52 pm by Wort-H.O.G. »
Ken- Chagrin Falls, OH
CPT, U.S.Army
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harveys-Brewhaus/405092862905115

http://braukaiser.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Science_of_Mashing

Serving:        In Process:
Vienna IPA          O'Fest
Dort
Mead                 
Cider                         
Ger'merican Blonde
Amber Ale
Next:
Ger Pils
O'Fest

Offline scarecrow

• Cellarman
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2016, 06:31:32 pm »
Even after stealing everyone from the Cardinals

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2016, 08:50:03 pm »
I cannot believe it, after all these years..  Yessssssssssssssssssss !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jon H.

Offline dbeechum

• Global Moderator
  • I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Pasadena, CA
    • Experimental Brewing
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2016, 11:48:14 pm »
Ok so Cubbies and Cleveland? Theo vs Terry. But I have to admit, as a die hard Red Sox fan, if my boys can't be going for the mix, I want the Cubbies. They're my NL team of losers, just like the Sox were my childhood of AL losing. :)
Drew Beechum - Maltosefalcons.com
- Vote in the AHA GC Election! - http://bit.ly/1aV9GVd  -
-----
Burbling:
Gnome is in the Details
*Experimental Brewing - The Book*
Tap:
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
Tupelo Mead
Farmhouse Brett Saison

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2016, 12:31:29 pm »
Ok so Cubbies and Cleveland? Theo vs Terry. But I have to admit, as a die hard Red Sox fan, if my boys can't be going for the mix, I want the Cubbies. They're my NL team of losers, just like the Sox were my childhood of AL losing. :)
Agree 100%. Plus it would be nice to see Lester get another World Series. Of all the homegrown talent the Sox let go, he's the one that I truly miss. I was at Fenway for his no-hitter, and it was by far the most awesome sports-related experience I've ever had.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline Wort-H.O.G.

• Play Nice
    • Harvey's Brewhaus
« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2016, 03:42:51 pm »
I cannot believe it, after all these years..  Yessssssssssssssssssss !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its on!  Everyone already giving it to cubs....hope it's just a good 6-7 game series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ken- Chagrin Falls, OH
CPT, U.S.Army
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harveys-Brewhaus/405092862905115

http://braukaiser.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Science_of_Mashing

Serving:        In Process:
Vienna IPA          O'Fest
Dort
Mead                 
Cider                         
Ger'merican Blonde
Amber Ale
Next:
Ger Pils
O'Fest

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2016, 04:04:07 pm »
Its on!  Everyone already giving it to cubs....hope it's just a good 6-7 game series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, it's on for sure!  I think it's awesome for baseball. I hope it goes 6 or 7, too.
Jon H.

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2016, 09:06:27 am »
I'm happy for both teams. I am also happy to see the resurgence these past few years of smaller market franchises like the Royals and Orioles.
As a life long Red Sox fan I have to be rooting for the Cubs. Its a different experience: Cubs fans have put up mostly with lots of truly bad teams and the occasional heartbreak with good teams. For Red Sox fans, especially my generation (I was conceived during the Red Sox "Impossible Dream" 1967 pennant run and am the youngest sibling by 6 years, can't help but believe its related to my parents celebrating a big win, so thanks Yaz!), its been about the close calls and heartbreaks. The Sox have only had maybe 6 or 7 losing seasons in those 48 years.
The downside to winning in 2004 is that you go from a long suffering fan of a heartbreaking team to another A-hole rooting for a big payroll franchise overnight.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline beersk

• In the night!
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2016, 05:17:40 pm »
Man, I'm still in awe. I was in Chicago when they clinched, it was emotional and the streets were wild with fireworks and hooting and hollering. Very special time to be in Chicago. I'm just happy they made it! If the Cubs play the way they played the last 3 games against the Dodgers, the Indians don't stand a chance.

But yeah, it's very cool to see both these teams make it to the WS. Either way, a team is going to break a long streak.
Supposed "curse" DONE. The Curse was on the Cubs making it to the WS, not them winning it.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 05:21:19 pm by beersk »
Jesse

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2016, 05:22:26 pm »
Man, I'm still in awe. I was in Chicago when they clinched, it was emotional and the streets were wild with fireworks and hooting and hollering. Very special time to be in Chicago. I'm just happy they made it! If the Cubs play the way they played the last 3 games again the Dodgers, the Indians don't stand a chance.

Yeah, it's amazing. Somewhere my Dad is smiling - he was a huge Cubs fan. I wish I could've been up in Chicago over the weekend . I heard it was crazy! Should be a great series. Cleveland's bullpen is killer, though.
Jon H.

Offline Phil_M

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Southern Maryland
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2016, 04:21:28 am »
I'm happy for both teams. I am also happy to see the resurgence these past few years of smaller market franchises like the Royals and Orioles.
As a life long Red Sox fan I have to be rooting for the Cubs. Its a different experience: Cubs fans have put up mostly with lots of truly bad teams and the occasional heartbreak with good teams. For Red Sox fans, especially my generation (I was conceived during the Red Sox "Impossible Dream" 1967 pennant run and am the youngest sibling by 6 years, can't help but believe its related to my parents celebrating a big win, so thanks Yaz!), its been about the close calls and heartbreaks. The Sox have only had maybe 6 or 7 losing seasons in those 48 years.
The downside to winning in 2004 is that you go from a long suffering fan of a heartbreaking team to another A-hole rooting for a big payroll franchise overnight.

At least that way the average fan has a chance to afford to go to a World Series game. Seeing some numbers on the Wrigley ticket prices is staggering, I feel bad for the average Cubs fan. They've waited this long, now the scalpers are cutting them out.
Corn is a fine adjunct in beer.

And don't buy stale beer.

Offline theDarkSide

• Derry, NH
« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2016, 07:19:13 am »
I wish they would do away with the All-Star game determining home field in the WS.  I think any team that wins over 100 games in the regular season and 10 more than their opponent (not including the play-in game) deserves home field.

It's not like adding this is making any more people was the AS game.
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline beersk

• In the night!
« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2016, 07:22:06 am »
I wish they would do away with the All-Star game determining home field in the WS.  I think any team that wins over 100 games in the regular season and 10 more than their opponent (not including the play-in game) deserves home field.

It's not like adding this is making any more people was the AS game.
Agreed. The fact that the All Star game determines it is really silly. There has to be some other more appropriate way to win home field advantage.
Jesse

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2016, 07:23:44 am »

I agree. It's a stupid, unfair rule.
Jon H.