Truck Stop Honey is Back Forty Beer Company‘s flagship which won a Great American Beer Festival silver medal the same year it debuted in 2011! The wildflower honey gives this close to traditional English brown ale a slightly sweet finish.
This homebrew recipe is featured in 51 Craft Beer Clone Recipes 2019. Find out what recipe was featured for your state!
Back Forty Beer Co. Truck Stop Honey Brown Ale | English Brown Ale
- 7 lb (3.17 kg) 2-row malt
- 1 lb (0.45 kg) Honey malt
- 0.5 lb (0.23 kg) Caramel 20 malt
- 0.2 lb (0.23 kg) Dark Chocolate malt
- 0.12 oz (3.4 g) Apollo hops (60 min)
- 0.3 oz (8.5 g) Willamette (10 min)
- 0.5 lb (0.23 kg) Wildflower Honey (5 min)
- Safale US-05 ale dry yeast
- Original Gravity: 1.059 (14.56 P)
- Final Gravity: 1.012 (3.03 P)
- ABV: 6.23%
- IBU: 15.4
- SRM: 15.85
Single infusion mash at 160° F (71° C) until conversion is complete. Conduct a 60 minute boil, following the ingredient additions as listed above. Ferment at 68° F (20° C). After fermentation, cold crash at 32° F (0° C).