Want to activate an AHA Gift Card? Click here!
Over 1.1 million people brew their own beer at home in the United States. The American Homebrewers Association® (AHA) is a 501(c)6 not-for-profit organization based in Boulder, Colo., dedicated to promoting the community of homebrewers and empowering homebrewers to make the best beer in the world. Since 1978, the AHA has worked to educate people worldwide about the coolest hobby there is—homebrewing.
The American Homebrewers Association:
- Was founded in 1978 by homebrew author and past Brewers Association President Charlie Papazian in Boulder, Colorado.
- Has over 46,000 members.
- Advocates for homebrewers’ rights in the United States.
- Hosts the world’s largest beer competition.
- Publishes Zymurgy® magazine.
- Is governed by a committee of homebrewers elected by its members.
- Hosts multiple events promoting homebrewing, cider and mead making.
- Is a division of the Brewers Association, a not-for-profit trade association dedicated to promoting and protecting amateur and professional craft brewers.
Join or renew and continue to enjoy all the benefits of American Homebrewers Association membership.
Meet Our Staff
American Homebrewers Association & Staff Development
1.888.822.6273 ext. 138
AHA Associate Director
1.888.822.6273 ext. 177
Editor, Zymurgy and AHA Special Projects
1.888.822.6273 ext. 191
AHA Competition Manager
1.888.822.6273 ext. 117
AHA Project Coordinator
1.888.822.6273 ext. 206