This session IPA from Lazy Magnolia Brewing in Kiln, Miss. is meant for sharing with family and friends. It’s described as having a bold citrus burst on the front end, with hints of tropical fruits such as grapefruit, orange, and mango in the finish.
This homebrew recipe is featured in Top 50 Commercial Clone Beer Recipes. Find out what recipe was featured for your state!
Lazy Magnolia Brewery Southern Hops’pitality IPA | American IPA
- 10 lbs 2-row malt
- 0.5 lbs Carapils
- 0.5 lbs 40L
- 0.25 oz Nugget hops (60 min)
- o.5 oz Centennial hops (10 min)
- 0.5 oz Citra hops (10 min)
- 1.0 oz Simcoe hops (10 min)
- 0.6 oz Centennial hops (5 min)
- 0.6 oz Citra hops (5 min)
- 0.6 oz Simcoe hops (5 min)
- 0.75 oz Citra hops (whirlpool)
- 0.6 oz Summit hops (whirlpool)
- 0.6 oz Simcoe hops (whirlpool)
- 0.6 oz Falconers Flight hops (whirlpool)
- 1.5 oz Citra hops (dry hop)
- 1 Whirlflock tablet or equivalent kettle coagulant (10 min)
- 1 package of Fermentis Safale US-05 or White Labs WLP001
- Original Gravity: 1.054
- Final Gravity: 1.010
- ABV: 5.8%
- Boil Time: 60 minutes
- 4.25 – 4.5 gallons water with Calcium Chloride and food-grade acid added to increase hardness and reduce alkalinity if necessary.
*Note about water: Our water is extremely alkaline with 0 hardness & calcium. Unless your water is extremely soft, mineral additions may not be required. Different water profiles will result in different hop flavors, so have fun with it.
Mash at 152° F for 60 minutes. Sparge with 170° F water to collect 6 gallons of wort. Boil for 90 minutes.
Ferment at 65° F. After fermentation is complete, add the dry hops. After 5 days, remove the hops, filter, and enjoy!