2014 Big Brew Recap
- Events: 437
- Participants: 8,000
- Batches Made: 2,200
- Gallons Brewed: 17,550
- Participating States: 49
- Participating Countries: 14
May 2, 2015
Celebrate National Homebrew Day
In 1988, May 7 was announced before Congress as National Homebrew Day. The American Homebrewers Association (AHA) created AHA Big Brew as an annual event to celebrate National Homebrew Day around the world. AHA Big Brew is held each year on the first Saturday in May.
Anyone, even homebrew shops, can host and register a Big Brew event, so invite your friends and family, gather around the brew kettle and join in the global celebration of the greatest hobby there is—homebrewing!
2015 Official Recipes – Coming Soon!
We will have official Big Brew recipes posted closer to the event. Stay tuned!
Celebrate Big Brew in 2015
Don’t Miss the Simultaneous Toast noon CDT on May 2, 2015!
Big Brew Promotional Materials
- AHA Big Brew Poster
- AHA Big Brew Marketing Checklist
- AHA Big Brew Press Release
- Request Copies of Zymurgy: An Introduction to Homebrewing
- Print Ingredient Display Signs
Spread the Joy
- Promotional materials: if you are hosting a Big Brew event that is open to the public, use the AHA’s downloadable promotional materials to help spread the word about your gathering.
- Let’s Brew: explore this section for brewing tutorials, tips on making better beer and tasty recipes.
- Zymurgy: An Introduction to Homebrewing: request copies of the AHA’s guide for the new brewer–or access it online.
- Homebrewopedia: a wiki-style resource containing a large library of recipes, a glossary of brewing terms, homebrew club resources and much more!
- AHA store: pick up the latest homebrewing books or issues of Zymurgy magazine.
Share the Experience
PHOTOS SUBMITTED BY BIG BREW PARTICIPANTS