2016 Big Brew Recap
- Events: 483
- Participants: 12,780
- Batches Made: 2,363
- Gallons Brewed: 17,804
- Participating States: 48
- Participating Countries: 12
May 6, 2017
Celebrate National Homebrew Day
In 1988, May 7 was announced before Congress as National Homebrew Day. The American Homebrewers Association (AHA) created AHA Big Brew as an annual event to celebrate National Homebrew Day around the world. AHA Big Brew is held each year on the first Saturday in May.
Anyone, even homebrew shops, can host and register a Big Brew event, so invite your friends and family, gather around the brew kettle and join in the global celebration of the greatest hobby there is—homebrewing!
Register an Event or Find an Event
2017 Official Recipes
Celebrate Big Brew in 2017
Don’t Miss the Simultaneous Toast noon CDT on May 6, 2017!
Big Brew Promotional Materials
Spread the Joy
- Promotional materials: if you are hosting a Big Brew event that is open to the public, use the AHA’s downloadable promotional materials to help spread the word about your gathering.
- Let’s Brew: explore this section for brewing tutorials, tips on making better beer and tasty recipes.
- Zymurgy: An Introduction to Homebrewing: request copies of the AHA’s guide for the new brewer–or access it online. Order deadline for hardcopy shipping is Friday, April 27, 2017.
- Homebrewopedia: a wiki-style resource containing a large library of recipes, a glossary of brewing terms, homebrew club resources and much more!
- AHA store: pick up the latest homebrewing books or issues of Zymurgy magazine.
Share the Experience
PHOTOS SUBMITTED BY BIG BREW PARTICIPANTS