May 6, 2017
Celebrate National Homebrew Day
In 1988, May 7 was announced before Congress as National Homebrew Day. The American Homebrewers Association (AHA) created AHA Big Brew as an annual event to celebrate National Homebrew Day around the world. AHA Big Brew is held each year on the first Saturday in May.
Anyone, even homebrew shops, can host and register a Big Brew event, so invite your friends and family, gather around the brew kettle and join in the global celebration of the greatest hobby there is—homebrewing!
2017 Official Recipes
Thousands of homebrewers from all around the world have more in common than their love for homebrewing. If asked, many of them will tell you that everything you need to learn about brewing great beer at home can be found in one place; How to Brew by John Palmer. For Big Brew this year, the AHA is celebrating the upcoming publication of the 4th edition of How to Brew by providing three sample recipes from the book.
- Rushmore American IPA – All Grain, Extract
- Battre L’oie Saison – All Grain, Extract
- Klang Freudenfest Oktoberfest Lager – All Grain, Extract
All Big Brew recipes are formatted for 5 gallon batches.
Celebrate Big Brew in 2017
Don’t miss the simultaneous toast at 1:00 p.m. ET, 12:00 p.m. CT on May 6, 2017!
Big Brew Promotional Materials
Spread the Joy
- Promotional materials (.zip): use the AHA’s downloadable materials to help spread the word about your gathering.
- 5 Tips for Hosting a Big Brew Event: use some of these suggestions to make your Big Brew event a success.
- Let’s Brew: explore this section for brewing tutorials, tips on making better beer and tasty recipes.
- Zymurgy: An Introduction to Homebrewing: request copies of the AHA’s guide for the new brewer–or access it online. Order deadline for hardcopy shipping is Friday, 4/28/17.
- AHA bookstore or AHA merchandise: pick up the latest homebrewing books or issues of Zymurgy magazine.
Share the Experience
PHOTOS SUBMITTED BY BIG BREW PARTICIPANTS