Officers and Board Designates
- Chair Person: Roxanne Westendorf
- Vice Chair: Drew Beechum
- Secretary: Kim Wood
- Brewers Association Board Designate: Chris Frey
- Brewers Association Board Designate: Roxanne Westendorf
The American Homebrewers Association (AHA) Governing Committee (GC) is an advisory committee to the AHA Staff and Brewers Association Board of Directors.
The members of the Governing Committee are elected by the members of the AHA and charged with shaping the policy and activities on their behalf. View the AHA Governing Committee Bylaws.
The Governing Committee also appoints two members as designates to the Brewers Association Board of Directors. View the Brewers Association Bylaws.
2018 Governing Committee Election
In 2018, there are six (5) available seats in the Governing Committee. Learn about the candidates and cast your vote!
Governing Committee Members
| Drew Beechum*
| Fred Bonjour**
| Martin Brungard***
| Debbie Cerda*
| Sandy Cockerham*
| Denny Conn**
| Chris P. Frey**
| Dennis Mitchell***
| Chip Walton*
Saint Paul, MN
| Roxanne Westendorf***
| Kathy Yan Li***
|*Term ends May 2018||**Term ends May 2019||*** Term ends May 2020|
Subcommittees consist of representatives of the AHA staff, AHA Governing Committee members and volunteer AHA members. If you are interested in joining a subcommittee, please fill out an application form.
- Mission: Provide the AHA with ideas and advice to support and enhance current and potential AHA recognized homebrew clubs.
- Members: Martin Brungard (chair), Drew Beechum, Matt Bolling, Fred Bonjour, Duncan Bryant, Ryan Chaytor, Justin Crossley, Michael Fry, Gary Glass, Janis Gross, John Moorhead, Curt Stock, Rob Westendorf and Roxanne Westendorf. Contact the Club Support subcommittee.
- Mission: Sets the rules for the National Homebrew Competition and evaluate how to improve the competition experience and operations.
- Members: Sandy Cockerham (chair), Don Blake, Fred Bonjour, Mike Brennan, Martin Brungard, Bruce Buerger, Amanda Burkemper, Michael Bury, Steve Cook, Gary Glass, Janis Gross, Dennis Mitchell, John Moorhead, Susan Ruud, Tom Schmidlin and Josh Weikert. Contact the Competitions subcommittee.
Content & Resources
- Mission: Provides input to Zymurgy and HomebrewersAssociation.org staff and other groups as needed.
- Members: Drew Beechum and Denny Conn (co-chairs), Matt Bolling, Fred Bonjour, Martin Brungard, Duncan Bryant, Dave Carpenter, Debbie Cerda, Gary Glass John Moorhead, Amahl Turczyn Scheppach, Tom Schmidlin, Chip Walton and Roxanne Westendorf. Contact the Content & Resources subcommittee.
- Mission: Provide the AHA with ideas and advice to create a more diverse membership, inclusive community, and enhance member benefits for everyone.
- Members: Debbie Cerda (co-chair), Kathy Yan Li (co-chair), Martin Boan, Duncan Bryant, Dave Carpenter, Popy Fouch, Gary Glass, Pablo Gomez, Brandon Mines, Marcus O Jr, Carlos Ortiz, Anthony Salazar, Millie Shamburger, Chip Walton, Roxanne Westendorf, Kim Wood and Annie Zipser. Contact the Diversity subcommittee.
- Mission: To advise AHA Governing Committee, staff, and members on homebrew related legislative and regulatory issues.
- Members: Steve Parr (chair), Drew Beechum, Philip Bradley, Duncan Bryant, Kevin Dill, Gary Glass, Dan Grady, Craig Hendry, Jill Marilley, Brian Reuwer Tom Schmidlin, Elmer Steingass, Brant Warren and Douglas Wawrzynski. Contact the Government Affairs subcommittee.
- Mission: Foster better communication between the AHA and industry entities, as well as provide resources, assistance, and guidance to the AHA based on concerns brought forward by said members of the homebrewing industry.
- Members: Jake Keeler (chair), Brian Wright, Chris Graham, Jared Runyon, Juno Choi, Reed Antis, Ron Witkowski, Tony Ferlotti, Jimmy McMillan, Brad Smith, Chris Farley, Chris Opela, John Blichmann, Justin Crossley, Bryan Johnson, Susan Ruud, Jeff Oliver and Keith Ubben. Contact the Industry subcommittee.
- Mission: Ensure the AHA is relevant to the international homebrewing community in its mission to empower homebrewers to make the best beer in the world.
- Members: Kathy Yan Li (co-chair), Roxanne Westendorf (co-chair), Valentin Schmitt, Brian Condron, Miguel Loza, Peter Symons, Magnus Johnsson, I Jie Lai, Eric Cousineau, Dave Carpenter, Duncan Bryant, Gary Glass and Millie Shamburger. Contact the International subcommittee.
Radegast Club of the Year Award
- Mission: Run the entry acquisition and judging process for the Radegasst Club of the Year Award. The award serves to recognize homebrew clubs for their activities outside of the National Homebrewers Competition.
- Members: Drew Beechum (chair), Matt Bolling, Duncan Bryant and Gary Glass. Judges are selected annually to participate in Radegast Club of the Year evaluations. Contact the Radegast Club of the Year Award subcommittee.
Surveys & Communication
- Mission: Support the AHA and other sub-committees by providing data and member input to feed into our programs and activities. Provide a best practice and act as a sounding board on AHA communications to membership.
- Members: Jake Keeler and Roxanne Westendorf (co-chairs), Fred Bonjour, Paul Curran, Chris Frey, Aimee Garlit, Gary Glass, Adam Lauver, Chris Graham, Justin McLeod, Matt Bolling, Steve Parr, Susan Rankert and Kim Wood. Contact the Surveys & Communication subcommittee.