Officers and Board Designates
- Chair Person: Roxanne Westendorf
- Vice Chair: Jill Marilley
- Secretary: Shawna Cormier
- Brewers Association Board Designate:Roxanne Westendorf
- Brewers Association Board Designate: Chris Frey
The American Homebrewers Association (AHA) Governing Committee (GC) is an advisory committee to the AHA Staff and Brewers Association Board of Directors.
The members of the Governing Committee are elected by the members of the AHA and charged with shaping the policy and activities on their behalf. View the AHA Governing Committee Bylaws.
The Governing Committee also appoints two members as designates to the Brewers Association Board of Directors. View the Brewers Association Bylaws.
Contact the AHA Governing Committee.
Governing Committee Members
| Fred Bonjour*
| Martin Brungard**
| Debbie Cerda***
| Sandy Cockerham***
| Denny Conn*
| Shawna Cormier***
| Chris P. Frey*
| Dennis Mitchell**
| Elmer Steingass***
| Roxanne Westendorf**
| Kathy Yan Li**
|*Term ends May 2019||**Term ends May 2020||*** Term ends May 2021|
Subcommittees consist of representatives of the AHA staff, AHA Governing Committee members and volunteer AHA members. If you are interested in joining a subcommittee, please fill out an application form.
- Mission: Provide the AHA with ideas and advice to support and enhance current and potential AHA recognized homebrew clubs.
- Members: Martin Brungard (chair), Drew Beechum, Matt Bolling, Fred Bonjour, Duncan Bryant, Michael Fry, Gary Glass, Jill Marilley, Dennis Mitchell, John Moorhead, Elmer Steingass, Roxanne Westendorf, and Kathy Yan Li. Contact the Club Support subcommittee.
- Mission: Sets the rules for the National Homebrew Competition and evaluate how to improve the competition experience and operations.
- Members: Sandy Cockerham (chair), Don Blake, Fred Bonjour, Mike Brennan, Martin Brungard, Bruce Buerger, Amanda Burkemper, Michael Bury, Shawna Cormier, Phil Farrell, Gary Glass, Janis Gross, Dennis Mitchell, John Moorhead, Jeff Rankert, Susan Ruud, Tom Schmidlin, and Kathy Yan Li. Contact the Competitions subcommittee.
Content & Resources
- Mission: Provides input to Zymurgy and HomebrewersAssociation.org staff and other groups as needed.
- Members: Drew Beechum and Denny Conn (co-chairs), Matt Bolling, Fred Bonjour, Martin Brungard, Duncan Bryant, Dave Carpenter, Debbie Cerda, Shawna Cormier, Phil Farrell, Chris Frey, Gary Glass, Jim Homer, John Moorhead, Ron Price, Jeff Rankert, Amahl Turczyn Scheppach, Tom Schmidlin, Sean Terill, Chip Walton, Roxanne Westendorf, Kathy Yan Li, and Cassie Yaple. Contact the Content & Resources subcommittee.
- Mission: Provide the AHA with ideas and advice to create a more diverse membership, inclusive community, and enhance member benefits for everyone. View the strategic plan.
- Members: Debbie Cerda (co-chair), Martin Boan, Duncan Bryant, Robb Burden, Dave Carpenter, Evan Comeaux, Shawna Cormier, Popy Fouch, Gary Glass, Kiley Gwynn, Ignacio Magos, Brandon Mines, Marcus O Jr, Anthony Salazar, Millie Shamburger, Roxanne Westendorf, Kathy Yan Li, Cassie Yaple, and Annie Zipser. Contact the Diversity subcommittee.
- Mission: To advise AHA Governing Committee, staff, and members on homebrew related legislative and regulatory issues.
- Members: John Moorhead (chair), Drew Beechum, Philip Bradley, Duncan Bryant, Debbie Cerda, Kevin Dill, Phil Farrell, Gary Glass, Dan Grady, Craig Hendry, Jill Marilley, Brian Reuwer, Pete Rzeminski, Elmer Steingass, Brant Warren, Douglas Wawrzynski, and Kathy Yan Li. Contact the Government Affairs subcommittee.
- Mission: Foster better communication between the AHA and industry entities, as well as provide resources, assistance, and guidance to the AHA based on concerns brought forward by said members of the homebrewing industry.
- Members: Jake Keeler (chair), Reed Antis, Jen Blair, John Blichmann, Juno Choi, Larry Clouser, Michael Dawson, Chris Farley, Tony Ferlotti, Gary Glass, Pablo Gomez, Chris Graham, Ross Hughes, Bill Jimmerson, Bryan Johnson, Jimmy McMillan, Jeff Oliver, Chris Opela, Jared Runyon, Susan Ruud, Millie Shamburger, Brad Smith, David Stuart, Keith Ubben, and Ron Witkowski. Contact the Industry subcommittee.
- Mission: Ensure the AHA is relevant to the international homebrewing community in its mission to empower homebrewers to make the best beer in the world.
- Members: Roxanne Westendorf and Kathy Yan Li (co-chairs), Duncan Bryant, Dave Carpenter, Brian Condron, Denny Conn, Eric Cousineau, Gary Glass, Pablo Gomez, I Jie Lai, Miguel Loza, Valentin Schmidt, Millie Shamburger, Elmer Steingass, and Peter Symons. Contact the International subcommittee.
Radegast Club of the Year Award
- Mission: Run the entry acquisition and judging process for the Radegasst Club of the Year Award. The award serves to recognize homebrew clubs for their activities outside of the National Homebrewers Competition.
- Members: Drew Beechum (chair), Matt Bolling, Duncan Bryant, Sandy Cockerham, Gary Glass, and Jill Marilley. Judges are selected annually to participate in Radegast Club of the Year evaluations. Contact the Radegast Club of the Year Award subcommittee.
Surveys & Communication
- Mission: Support the AHA and other sub-committees by providing data and member input to feed into our programs and activities. Provide a best practice and act as a sounding board on AHA communications to membership.
- Members: Roxanne Westendorf (chair), Matt Bolling, Fred Bonjour, Paul Curran, Chris Frey, Gary Glass, Jake Keeler, Justin McLeod, Susan Rankert, Kim Wood, and Kathy Yan Li. Contact the Surveys & Communication subcommittee.